Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Red Tacton

1. Feb 27, 2005 #1
    Could anyone explain how red tacton works in terms that a high school junior would understand? ^_^ thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 28, 2007 #2
    Guys explain how red tacton works

4. Sep 28, 2007 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

http://www.redtacton.com/en/info/index.html

It looks to just be using the human body as a capacitive transfer path. Do you have specific questions?

5. Sep 29, 2007 #4
    using our skin to achieve data transfer ,is it being used anywhere ??

6. Sep 30, 2007 #5

berkeman

I think it's mostly still experimental, but maybe there are some niche applications. Google Personal Area Network or Body Area Network for more info.

7. Dec 27, 2007 #6
    I would like to conduct a seminar on redtacton in our collegeas a part of our academic work.I want to know how can we set attributes in a redtacton device?If we use one redtacton transiever device with our mobile and give a shakehand to someone who wear a red tacton reciever device(that we don't know and we wear the device ,not meant for him) then is all our data transfered? Where and how we use the authentication and encryption methods?can u explain the communications in new domains more clearly?if touch on the advertising where and how we set the needed attributes information? Now in the market is any redtacton device is available?what is it's cost?What about its future?Why it use the old interface "PCMCIA".Do you think it as good interface nowadays?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  8. Dec 28, 2007 #7

berkeman

Did you read the information in the link I posted above?

9. Jan 2, 2008 #8
    /offtopic [since everything is seeming offtopic in this thread]

although it's a pretty cool thing.. and i don't want to sound like those orthodox anti-science cribbers.. but i do think i have problem with electric fields running across my body..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?