Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reexamination of fundamental mathematical concepts

1. May 16, 2004 #1

Hi,

In the attached address ( http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/M_E.pdf ) you can find my reexamination of fundamental mathematical concepts.

Please read all of it before you air your view about it.

Thank you,

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2004 #2

Janitor

Science Advisor

Where is Matt Grime these days?

4. May 16, 2004 #3
    My thoughts... your theory fails by virture of its foundation.

To say that "x" defines "something" but also that "x" defines "nothing" renders further mathematical analysis under those conditions impossible.
    It's much like my saying that "x" equals "1" but also equals "0" , so any equations using that standard can be multi-interpreted, thus rendering those equations invalid, pointless and of no use.

Last edited: May 16, 2004
  5. May 16, 2004 #4

Hi pallidin,

Can you see beyond the 0 XOR 1 excluded-middle reasoning?

In this pdf I use an included-middle reasoning where x is a GENERAL notation for any concept.

If you try to force the excluded-middle reasoning on what is written in my pdf, then you don't give yourself any chance to be able to understand it.

So, please give youself the chance, put aside your excluded-middle reasoning and try to read it again with an open mind until the end of it, before you air your view about it.

Thank you,

Last edited: May 16, 2004
  6. May 16, 2004 #5
    What is the stratification of relations in your system?

7. May 16, 2004 #6

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?