1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reference Book Griffiths-Introduction to Electrodynamics

1. Apr 5, 2005 #1
    I am looking for a reference book to use besides Griffiths. I find the explanations in Griffiths to be disconnected, and I have to work very very hard to make out what he is trying to explain. And then when I try the problems in the book I am handicapped (completely stuck). Most of the books I found were either at a higher or a lower level then Griffiths.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2005 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wangsness.....It is in my opinion the best undergrad book in E&M, puts Griffiths to shame for clarity and uniformness of presentation.
  4. Apr 5, 2005 #3
    Grifiths is my favorite E and M text at that level. That said, if you don't like Grifiths, you might prefer "Fundamentals of E and M" by Lorain and Corson. It is slightly easier than Grifiths, and they go in to more detail.
  5. Apr 6, 2005 #4
    Thank you very much guys. You just saved me from failing my course.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?