What books should I consider as a reference for design engineering?

In summary, reference books are publications that provide factual information in an organized manner for quick access. They are useful for providing reliable information and are written by experts in their field. These books can contain a variety of information and should be chosen based on their purpose, credibility, and publication date. Electronic reference books are just as useful as print reference books and offer additional features such as hyperlinks and interactivity.
Scardino
I am looking to be a design engineer and I was waning some recommendations on what books are good reference books for this. The two books that I have been able to find are Mark's Calculations For Machine Design and Machine Designers Reference by J. Marrs.If anyone knows anything about these or other books please give feedback or other books that might be better. If possible I would like a book that doesn't have too much extraneous information. Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Mechanical Engineers' Handbook, Marks

Formulas for Stress and Strain, Roarke

What is a reference book?

A reference book is a type of publication that contains factual information and is used for quick and easy access to specific information. These books are typically organized in alphabetical or categorical order and are meant to be consulted rather than read cover to cover.

Why are reference books useful?

Reference books are useful because they provide accurate and reliable information that can be accessed quickly. They are also a good starting point for research and can provide a general overview of a topic. Additionally, reference books are often written by experts in their field, making them a trustworthy source of information.

What types of information can be found in reference books?

Reference books can contain a wide range of information, including facts, statistics, definitions, biographical information, historical events, and more. They can also include illustrations, maps, and diagrams to further explain concepts.

How do I choose the right reference book for my needs?

When choosing a reference book, consider the purpose for which you need it. Some reference books are broad and cover a wide range of topics, while others are more specialized and focus on a specific subject. You should also consider the credibility of the author and the publisher, as well as the publication date, to ensure the information is up-to-date.

Are electronic reference books as useful as print reference books?

Yes, electronic reference books can be just as useful as print reference books. They offer the convenience of being accessed online or through electronic devices, making them easily searchable and accessible. Additionally, electronic reference books often include hyperlinks and other interactive features that can enhance the user's experience.