Reference guide for freshman calc. based physics

In summary, to prepare for your class on satellite components, it would be beneficial to review a textbook or use online resources such as Khan Academy and Coursera to refresh your knowledge of Electromagnetism and Waves, specifically focusing on topics like Ohm's law and basic circuits.
flame_m13
i'm not sure if this is the place to ask this, so let me know if I'm in the wrong section.

I'm starting a class tomorrow where we're going to be researching how different components of a satellite work. our professor wants us to know what we learned in Electromagnetism and Waves, primarily things like Ohm's law and how a basic circuit works. I've been out of physics for about a year, so I was wondering what would be a good reference guide for those topics? or should i just check out a textbook?

Physics news on Phys.org
The best way to refresh your knowledge of Electromagnetism and Waves is to review a textbook. There are many textbooks that cover this subject matter, so you may want to look for one that is specifically tailored to the topics you need to review. Additionally, there are online resources such as Khan Academy and Coursera that provide video tutorials and practice problems to help you understand the topics better.

I would recommend checking out a textbook as a comprehensive reference guide for freshman calc-based physics. Textbooks are designed to cover all the necessary topics and provide a clear explanation of concepts, making them a valuable resource for students. Additionally, they often include practice problems and examples to help reinforce understanding.

If you are specifically looking for a reference guide for topics related to electromagnetism and waves, I suggest checking out "University Physics with Modern Physics" by Young and Freedman or "Fundamentals of Physics" by Halliday and Resnick. These textbooks are commonly used in introductory physics courses and cover a wide range of topics, including Ohm's law and basic circuits.

You can also consider using online resources such as Khan Academy or Physics Classroom, which offer free lessons and practice problems for various physics topics. However, these resources may not cover all the topics in depth, so it is important to supplement your learning with a textbook.

In addition, don't hesitate to ask your professor for any recommended resources or study materials. They may have specific suggestions or even provide additional resources for your understanding. Good luck with your class!

1. What is the purpose of a reference guide for freshman calc. based physics?

The purpose of a reference guide for freshman calc. based physics is to provide students with a comprehensive and organized source of information that they can refer to while studying physics. It serves as a quick and easy reference for key concepts, equations, and formulas that are covered in the course.

2. Is the reference guide specific to a certain textbook or curriculum?

No, the reference guide for freshman calc. based physics is designed to be a general resource that can be used in conjunction with any textbook or curriculum. It covers fundamental principles and topics that are commonly taught in introductory physics courses.

3. Are there any practice problems included in the reference guide?

Yes, the reference guide may include practice problems to help students apply the concepts and equations they have learned. These problems can also serve as a valuable study tool for exams and quizzes.

4. Can the reference guide be used as a substitute for a textbook?

No, the reference guide is not meant to replace a textbook. It is intended to supplement course materials and provide additional support and clarification for students. It may not cover all the topics or provide in-depth explanations like a textbook would.

5. Is the reference guide suitable for all levels of physics students?

Yes, the reference guide is designed for freshman calc. based physics students, but can also be useful for students at higher levels. It covers foundational concepts and equations that are applicable in more advanced physics courses as well.