Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reference Material for Electromagnetics

1. Nov 17, 2009 #1
    I am in the final year of an MEng in mechanical engineering, working on my Final Year Project. I've been designing a solenoid actuated valve for a fluid power R&D outfit, so obviously a significant section of my report will be dedicated to electromagnetics.

The mechanical engineers at the company have a considerable body of knowledge built up mainly through trial and error and analysis using FEMM, but when it comes to the report I need to reference anything I am not claiming to be 'my own work' for reasons of plagiarism etc.

As they don't publish research I can't directly reference the guys I've been working with, so I was hoping to be pointed in the direction of a standard text where I will find all this stuff in a form I can reference.

To cut a long story short does anyone know a good textbook about solenoids and in particular solenoid valves?

thanks!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted