1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reference request-Calculus prelims such as factorials,inequalities

1. Mar 24, 2014 #1
    I am studying calculus, real analysis, and abstract algebra. Sometimes while solving problems in books such as Apostol's calculus I get stuck because I need to refresh my preliminaries. The preliminaries I am referring to include:

1)inequalities involved summation upto n terms,

2)properties of polynomials and their roots,

And more importantly how factorials behave. As in how to solve limits involving factorials and exponentials such as e^x/x! and such kind of ratios. I wish to know how these functions such as e^x , x! , x^x etc grow.

Could you suggest a basic book - like a pre calculus book which deals with this ? Even if it is not exactly pre-calculus its fine. Just that it should make these properties lucid. Thanks.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted