Why is Opera not showing my replies in online threads?

• Thread starter mgb_phys
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue where the user's replies to a thread are not showing up unless they do a shift-reload. This only happens in Opera and not in Firefox. The problem has only started today and the solution suggested is to check the settings in the History section of Opera.
mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I go to a thread that I have replied to but it shows posts only upto the last time I clicked on it- ie before my reply. I have to do shift-reload to see my post.
The new posts results page and my subscribed page are correct, but individual threads aren't.

This has only started today and only hapens in Opera (9.50), it works fine in FireFox (2.0.0.6).

Physics news on Phys.org
mgb_phys said:
I go to a thread that I have replied to but it shows posts only upto the last time I clicked on it- ie before my reply. I have to do shift-reload to see my post.
The new posts results page and my subscribed page are correct, but individual threads aren't.

This has only started today and only hapens in Opera (9.50), it works fine in FireFox (2.0.0.6).
Have you checked your settings?

Go to: Tools > Preferences > Advanced > History

and check that the Check Documents option is set to always.

Thanks - it was set to 5hours, I thought it was time zone setting problem with the server!

1. How do I refresh my Opera browser?

To refresh your Opera browser, you can either click on the refresh button located in the address bar, or you can press the "F5" key on your keyboard.

2. Why does my Opera browser keep refreshing automatically?

If your Opera browser keeps refreshing automatically, it could be due to a faulty extension or add-on. Try disabling any recently installed extensions to see if that resolves the issue.

3. How do I clear the cache in Opera?

To clear the cache in Opera, click on the "Menu" button in the top left corner and go to "Settings". Then, click on "Privacy & security" and select "Clear browsing data". From there, you can choose what data you want to clear, including the cache.

4. Why is my Opera browser not refreshing when I click on the refresh button?

This could be due to a slow internet connection or a problem with the website you are trying to refresh. Try refreshing the page again after a few moments, or try accessing a different website to see if the issue persists.

5. How can I fix the "refresh problem" with my Opera browser?

If you are experiencing issues with refreshing in Opera, try clearing your cache and cookies, disabling any problematic extensions, or updating your browser to the latest version. If the issue persists, you can also try using a different browser.