Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Refresh rate 50 Hertz

1. Jul 5, 2009 #1
    my computer in the lab has been used without my permission by a labmate
    He told people that he knew about computer OS, he partitioned the computer discs into many rooms. There is a drive room for my Windows XP 2003 Service Park 2. He installed some OS I don't know what to call on the other free room drive. Sadly enough, he succeeded.
    But now when I log into my XP account, the screen becomes darker than before (50Hertz is the rate for refresh), it was 60 before hte install, I know it!

Help me please.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2009 #2

negitron

Science Advisor

Right-click on the desktop then select Properties from the dropdown menu. On the Settings tab, click the Advanced button, then the Monitor tab on the next screen. From there, you can select the refresh rate.

4. Jul 5, 2009 #3
    I have tried but only 50 Hz exists, I am so confused

5. Jul 5, 2009 #4

negitron

Science Advisor

In that case, you may need to download a fresh set of drivers from your monitor manufacturer's website. Or you can try refreshing the existing driver installation by going to the Control Panel > System, click the Hardware tab > Device Manager. Scroll down the list of installed devices and open the Monitors group. Right-click on the monitor and select Update Driver and follow the prompts (let Windows search for the best driver). If that fails, go download the newest driver for your monitor and install it. That should give you back the options for various refresh rates--select the highest one that your monitor supports (check the specs).

6. Jul 5, 2009 #5
    o:) Thank you, you are kind like a fairy :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook