Unwanted Computer Usage: 50Hz Refresh Rate Issue on My Lab Computer - Need Help!

In summary, the computer in the lab has been used without my permission by a labmate. He partitioned the computer discs into many rooms and installed some OS I don't know what to call on the other free room drive. Sadly enough, he succeeded. But now when I log into my XP account, the screen becomes darker than before (50Hertz is the rate for refresh), it was 60 before hte install, I know it! I have tried but only 50 Hz exists, I am so confused. If that fails, you may need to download a fresh set of drivers from your monitor manufacturer's website or try refreshing the existing driver installation by going to the Control Panel > System, click the Hardware tab > Device Manager.
Phyzikz
my computer in the lab has been used without my permission by a labmate
He told people that he knew about computer OS, he partitioned the computer discs into many rooms. There is a drive room for my Windows XP 2003 Service Park 2. He installed some OS I don't know what to call on the other free room drive. Sadly enough, he succeeded.
But now when I log into my XP account, the screen becomes darker than before (50Hertz is the rate for refresh), it was 60 before hte install, I know it!

Help me please.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Right-click on the desktop then select Properties from the dropdown menu. On the Settings tab, click the Advanced button, then the Monitor tab on the next screen. From there, you can select the refresh rate.

I have tried but only 50 Hz exists, I am so confused

In that case, you may need to download a fresh set of drivers from your monitor manufacturer's website. Or you can try refreshing the existing driver installation by going to the Control Panel > System, click the Hardware tab > Device Manager. Scroll down the list of installed devices and open the Monitors group. Right-click on the monitor and select Update Driver and follow the prompts (let Windows search for the best driver). If that fails, go download the newest driver for your monitor and install it. That should give you back the options for various refresh rates--select the highest one that your monitor supports (check the specs).

negitron said:
In that case, you may need to download a fresh set of drivers from your monitor manufacturer's website. Or you can try refreshing the existing driver installation by going to the Control Panel > System, click the Hardware tab > Device Manager. Scroll down the list of installed devices and open the Monitors group. Right-click on the monitor and select Update Driver and follow the prompts (let Windows search for the best driver). If that fails, go download the newest driver for your monitor and install it. That should give you back the options for various refresh rates--select the highest one that your monitor supports (check the specs).
o:) Thank you, you are kind like a fairy :smile:

1. What is causing the issue with my lab computer's 50Hz refresh rate?

The most likely cause of the issue is a mismatch between the refresh rate setting on your computer and the refresh rate supported by your monitor. This can also be caused by outdated or malfunctioning display drivers.

2. How can I fix the 50Hz refresh rate issue on my lab computer?

To fix the issue, you can try adjusting the refresh rate settings on your computer to match the supported rate of your monitor. If that doesn't work, try updating your display drivers or contacting your computer manufacturer for further assistance.

3. Will the 50Hz refresh rate issue affect the performance of my lab computer?

Yes, a lower refresh rate can result in a less smooth and responsive display, which can affect the overall performance of your computer. It can also cause eye strain and fatigue for the user.

4. Can I manually change the refresh rate on my lab computer?

Yes, you can manually change the refresh rate by going into your computer's display settings. However, it is important to make sure that the new refresh rate is supported by your monitor to avoid any further issues.

5. How can I prevent the 50Hz refresh rate issue from happening again in the future?

To prevent this issue, make sure to regularly update your display drivers and check for any compatibility issues between your computer and monitor. It is also important to avoid changing the refresh rate settings without proper knowledge or understanding of the potential consequences.

Back