1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Regarding computer engineering

1. Sep 27, 2016 #1
    I wanted to ask you when we finish high school and go to university for studying bachelor of technology in computer science are there jobs that high school students do regarding programming with companies through programming they have learn in ap courses in grade 12 that i wanted to know

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 27, 2016 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I'd be very surprised to find that there are any programming jobs for high school students but I can't say for sure there are not. It's possible that you could get a co-op job as a trainee programmer while going to college but with nothing but high school I don't think you would be at all likely to have learned enough to be in competition even with graduates from the ITT type schools

EDIT: I should add that I'm talking about in the USA. I don't know about other countries.

4. Sep 27, 2016 #3
    It is not really programming but the only thing in can think of is helping elder people with computer problems, setting up printers, that kind of stuff

5. Sep 28, 2016 #4
    okay co-op job thnaks for giving information
    but you know name of companies who take

6. Sep 28, 2016 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

The companies are irrelevant to the first step, which is to find a co-op college and get admitted. They each generally have arrangements with their own set of companies although possibly if you do get a particular company to agree to a co-op arrangement any school would consider it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted