Regarding consciousness causing wavefunction collapse

• I
  • Thread starter Trollfaz
  • Start date
Lord Jestocost
.....Now there are some issues left to be resolved, and if you want to discuss them start a new thread and me and others will be only to happy to tell them to you - as Leggert should have done rather than the, at best, half truth he did say - at worse an actual falsehood.Bill
With all due respect, as I don't get the point there is no need to start a new thread.

With all due respect, as I don't get the point there is no need to start a new thread.
Scratching head. What don't you get about the fact he is wrong? Its not a matter of opinion - its standard textbook stuff - I even gave the textbook. We know very well why the brain perceives specific outcomes - its because the world around us is classical and much progress has been made in understanding why. There are some remaining issues, but this is not the correct thread to discuss it. Just as an example even more fundamental than our brains registering specific outcomes is why to we get any outcomes at all. That's a legit problem - technically its how an improper state becomes a proper one. It goes way beyond the consciousness thing although those into it will probably find a way to invoke it.

Thanks
Bill

What don't you get about the fact he is wrong?
Wrong about what?

Lord Jestocost
....What don't you get about the fact he is wrong?...
What facts about what?

What facts about what?
I carefully explained it.

One more time - he said 'whereas at the level of our human consciousness it seems a matter of direct experience that such outcomes occur'

This is because the world around us is classical and, with a few caveats, we know why that is.

If you don't get it when it's that clear - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks
Bill

Wrong about what?
The same as above. The reason our brain perceives single outcomes is because that's how the world around us actually is. QM at the atomic level is different - but we know why these days that is.

I know you think consciousness is involved in that, but such is very backwater these day for good reason. Yes its still a legit interpretation, but far from the only one.

Thanks
Bill

PeterDonis
Mentor
Insights Author
2019 Award
This thread has run its course and is now closed.