1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Regarding IMO

1. Jun 21, 2007 #1
    Hi

I wanted to know certain things about the Intl' Maths Olympiad.
    First, is the syllabus limited to Number theory,Geometry,Combinatorics and Algebra(inequalities and quadratics mostly) ? I mean is there no Calculus,Co-odinate Geometry,Vector and Complex algebra ,(considering trigo to be a part of geometry) , these are the major concepts we study in the final grades at the school ?
    Second, I have major trouble going into details of number theory and geometry, as I havent touched these for almost two years ? How do i prepare for these topics ?
    Third, In case i am preparing for an exam which is very much application based, does preparing for IMO (which i feel is pure math) a good choice ?

Thx for any help

PS: I do not mean to refer to Maths Olympiads only at the Intl level but also on National levels

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2007 #2
    ? :confused:
    Help plz !

4. Jun 23, 2007 #3
    go to www.artofproblemsolving.com

there you will find all of your answers

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?