Matlab Simulink: How to Access SIMSCAPE for Electrical Simulations

In summary, the person is unable to find SIMSCAPE in their MATLAB library and is seeking advice on how to obtain it. They mention being an intern at a company and wondering if the recent update is causing the issue. The response advises obtaining a license from their company's IT department and clarifies that SIMSCAPE is not automatically included with MATLAB and must be licensed separately.
bm153
hello people,

I have MATLAB R2014a installed in my system, i would like to do some electrical simulations. Unfortunately I am unable to find SIMSCAPE in my library. Can anyone suggest me how to get it.

thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
You need to obtain a license from your university/employer, who may or may not be able to provide it depending on what licences they have bought.

Actually I am an intern in a very big company. They updated it recently, so do you think that might be the problem ?

Tis is then a question for your company's IT department, not for an internet forum.

The basic thing I wanted to know is, Is it normal that in simulink library simscape is missing ?
when ever one installs matlab, he definately gets simscape with it ?

No, you must license it separately.

ok, thank you so much for your words..

What is MATLAB Simulink and how is it used for electrical simulations?

MATLAB Simulink is a software tool used for modeling, simulating, and analyzing dynamic systems. It is commonly used in the fields of engineering and science, particularly for electrical simulations. Simulink allows users to create block diagrams and simulate the behavior of a system over time.

What is SIMSCAPE and how does it integrate with MATLAB Simulink?

SIMSCAPE is an add-on toolbox for Simulink that allows for multi-domain physical modeling and simulation. It includes pre-built components for electrical, mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, and other physical systems. SIMSCAPE integrates seamlessly with Simulink, allowing users to combine electrical simulations with other physical domains.

How do I access SIMSCAPE in MATLAB Simulink?

To access SIMSCAPE in Simulink, you will need to have the SIMSCAPE toolbox installed. Once installed, simply open Simulink and click on the "Library Browser" button. In the "Library Browser" window, select "Simscape" from the list of available libraries to access the SIMSCAPE components.

What types of electrical simulations can be performed using SIMSCAPE?

SIMSCAPE offers a wide range of electrical simulations, including DC and AC circuits, power electronics, motors, generators, and more. It also allows for the creation of custom electrical components using the Simscape language.

Are there any resources available for learning how to use SIMSCAPE for electrical simulations?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning how to use SIMSCAPE for electrical simulations. The MathWorks website offers tutorials, examples, and documentation on SIMSCAPE. Additionally, there are many online forums and communities where users can share knowledge and ask for help with SIMSCAPE and Simulink in general.