1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Regarding postdoc

1. Apr 19, 2016 #1
    I have worked on environmental radiation levels n determining the radioactivity in the environmental samples. I would like to do post doc in the field. I request to suggest me the posts available all over the world.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2016 #2
    To be entirely honest, if you have or are completing a Ph.D. in subfield X, and are planning to obtain a postdoctoral research position in subfield X, you should already know where you should be looking for such positions. You know who are the relevant names in academia, the private sector, and government - even if you haven't already met with them in one form or another at a conference or other meeting, you are familiar with their work through the literature.

4. Apr 21, 2016 #3

DrSteve

Gold Member

I would go further than Mike H by stating that the way you framed the question makes me wonder if a post doc is the right choice for you.

5. May 21, 2016 #4
    What is the reason for you choice? Postdoc is a training experience, helping you prepare for the career you wish. If you have good experience in dosimetry and you want to diversify your experiences, it's good way to find a postdoc.

6. May 22, 2016 #5
    Many conferences have a bulletin board of researcher's looking for post-docs. I believe for example AGU (although I last attended 5 years ago) had a physical whiteboard with cards on it in one of the conference centers. Higher-ed Jobs sometimes lists post-doc positions. In the long run though, I think the "break" usually comes through more selective channels, like previous post-docs, or recommendations from tour thesis advisor.

7. Jun 7, 2016 #6
    thank you, but i didnt get the specified results

8. Jun 8, 2016 #7

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

It is because your question lacks the specific details. You avoided or ignored several questions/queries posted to you, such as why you don't know about where to look for such postdoc opportunities yourself.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted