1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Register machines

1. May 12, 2009 #1
    stuck on a question on register machines for revision, basically i dont have the notes for these problems but i do have the questions and answers.

the question starts off giving us the information
    1(1,2,7)
    2(2,3)
    3(1,4,9)
    4(2,5)
    5(1,6,10)
    6(2,1)
    7(1,8)
    8(1,9)
    9(1,10)
    10(halt)

it then asks us to draw the machine which i have no idea what to do or where to start so could do with some help on this (searched the internet for notes to no avail) and then asks us to give the trace table for 3,4,5 which is simple however i need to know how to draw the thing in order to make this simple, thanks

2. jcsd
  3. May 12, 2009 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

You need to give us some context here. I have no idea what you mean by "register machine" other than to surmise that the list you gave is a set of instructions for a hypothetical computer.

The first item in the list is 1(1,2, 7). What does that mean? Give us a way to understand what this notation means, and we might be able to help you. If you don't know what it means, either, then you might be out of luck.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook