Understanding Registered Users: A Brief Overview

• Thread starter mbrmbrg
  • Start date
In summary: hmmm...lemme see 7 ! in your post! How much should you pay? Well I should ask!I think the forum should automatically add LOL!OMG!ROFLMAO! to the end of every post that is too short.I'm sorry LOL!OMG!ROFLMAO!I think the forum should automatically add LOL!OMG!ROFLMAO! to the end of every post that is too short.No, please! Heavns knows that how much I hate it when people use LOL in every post of them with no reason! It's better to add some !:smile:Lisa! is always pushing the use of !s
mbrmbrg
What is a registered user?

Physics news on Phys.org
mbrmbrg said:
What is a registered user?
You are a registered user. Can you be more specific?

:redface: I thought that would happen.
What does it mean if a username is in black, not bold, and on the public profile page, underneath the username it says "registered user"

mbrmbrg said:
:redface: I thought that would happen.
What does it mean if a username is in black, not bold, and on the public profile page, underneath the username it says "registered user"
You mean where their name looks a little grayed out? That is a member that has not completed the registration process, usually, they have not done the confirmation steps given to them in their confirmation e-mail.

Not sure but I guess those who'va disabled receiving PMs from others also look like that!

Thanks!
(10char)

speaking of 10char...
Why is the minimum numbers of characters allowed in a post 10?

mbrmbrg said:
speaking of 10char...
It is to prevent short responses. Sometimes a short response is all that's necessary. I keep asking to get rid of it. :grumpy:

Yeah, I keep getting nabbed for messages like Thanks! and : rofl :
You can add me to your list of Voters Against Character Discrimination :rolleyes:

mbrmbrg said:
Yeah, I keep getting nabbed for messages like Thanks! and : rofl :
You can add me to your list of Voters Against Character Discrimination :rolleyes:
Maybe I should start a poll. :biggrin:

Personally I think they should raise it to 1000 characters to make posts meaningful like this one :tongue:

mbrmbrg said:
speaking of 10char...

We make up a dignified forum that wishes to uphold the highest standards of abuse as well:

A minimum of 3 four-letter words must be used in any insult you wish to make here.

Since 3*4=12, the minimum number is 10, due allowance given for forgetting a couple of letters in the heat of the moment.

arildno said:
We make up a dignified forum that wishes to uphold the highest standards of abuse as well:

A minimum of 3 four-letter words must be used in any insult you wish to make here.

Since 3*4=12, the minimum number is 10, due allowance given for forgetting a couple of letters in the heat of the moment.

:rofl::rofl:

Evo said:
It is to prevent short responses. Sometimes a short response is all that's necessary. I keep asking to get rid of it. :grumpy:
I think the forum should automatically add LOL!OMG!ROFLMAO! to the end of every post that is too short.

I'm sorry LOL!OMG!ROFLMAO!

FredGarvin said:
I think the forum should automatically add LOL!OMG!ROFLMAO! to the end of every post that is too short.

No, please! Heavns knows that how much I hate it when people use LOL in every post of them with no reason! It's better to add some !:smile:

Lisa! is always pushing the use of !s. I think someone in her family invented the ! and she gets some kind of royalty everytime it's used. We're all going to get bills in the mail one day.

We're all going to get bills in the mail one day.
What!

EDIT: Oops!

EDIT2: $#(*#%*&^@#$

Math Is Hard said:
Lisa! is always pushing the use of !s. I think someone in her family invented the ! and she gets some kind of royalty everytime it's used. We're all going to get bills in the mail one day.

hmmm...lemme see 7 ! in your post! How much should you pay? Well I should ask!

P.S. If you hadn't revealed that secret, you wouldn't have to pay anything!:devil:

I'm guessing I am in for some major "sticker shock".:eek:

:tongue:..

1. What is a registered user?

A registered user is someone who has created an account on a website or platform by providing their personal information, such as a username, email address, and password. This allows them to access certain features or services that are only available to registered users.

2. Why do I need to become a registered user?

Becoming a registered user allows you to have a personalized experience on a website or platform. It also gives you access to additional features and services, such as saving your preferences, tracking your activity, and interacting with other users.

3. How do I become a registered user?

The process of becoming a registered user varies depending on the website or platform. Generally, you will need to provide your personal information and create a username and password. Some websites may also require you to verify your email address or complete a captcha to ensure you are a real person.

4. Is it safe to become a registered user?

It is generally safe to become a registered user on a reputable website or platform. However, it is important to be cautious when providing your personal information and to make sure the website has proper security measures in place. You can check for a secure connection (https) and read the website's privacy policy to ensure your information will be protected.

5. Can I become a registered user for free?

In most cases, becoming a registered user is free. However, some websites may offer premium or paid memberships that provide additional features or benefits. It is important to carefully read the terms and conditions before becoming a registered user to understand any potential costs or fees.