Registration bug + feature complaint

I tried to register under my preferred name prodigalvani not prodigalvanic but the activation email was never sent. I used auto-fill on chrome and double checked that the address was right.

In trying to resolve the issue I discovered two things.
First and I may be wrong here but there is no forum search feature for unregistered users?! That made it impossible to attempt to resolve my issue. I see now there is a search option but that wasn't there before.

Second there is no "contact us"?! There really needs to be a contact us or a faq so unregistered people can get their issues handled. Maybe one single forum where unregistered people can post, that's only needed to resolve issues like mine.

All of these issues may just relate to the uncommon layout for the site. Maybe there is a faq, contact us and search featured buried in some sub-menu but I spent 10 minutes looking.

Answers and Replies

Evo
Mentor
Did you check your spam filter for the registration e-mail?

Dembadon
Gold Member
[...] Maybe one single forum where unregistered people can post, that's only needed to resolve issues like mine.

[...]
Such a forum would receive an astronomical amount of spam.

If your junk folder doesn't contain the email, perhaps your carrier is having issues? Have you tried sending yourself a test email from another email account?

Did you check your spam filter for the registration e-mail?
I did check the spam and found nothing. Weird. It's yahoo mail and it has been acting funny.

The real bummer is that when I registered this username I used a different email address. I want to change the email address associated with my username but I can't!!
When I try to change the email in my profile it says "The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here." :(

Apparently PF doesn't delete accounts but pretty please?!
We don't delete accounts. Just stop posting.
Delete prodigalvani (w/out the "c") DO NOT delete prodigalvanic (w/the "c")

PS. Test emails to the preferred account work fine even from list serves and other websites.