Registration bug + feature complaint

• Bug
  • Thread starter Prodigalvanic
  • Start date
In summary, the user tried to register for the site using a preferred name but did not receive an activation email. They discovered two issues: there is no forum search feature and there is no "contact us" button. They also found that the user's email address was already in use.
Prodigalvanic
I tried to register under my preferred name prodigalvani not prodigalvanic but the activation email was never sent. I used auto-fill on chrome and double checked that the address was right.

In trying to resolve the issue I discovered two things.
First and I may be wrong here but there is no forum search feature for unregistered users?! That made it impossible to attempt to resolve my issue. I see now there is a search option but that wasn't there before.

Second there is no "contact us"?! There really needs to be a contact us or a faq so unregistered people can get their issues handled. Maybe one single forum where unregistered people can post, that's only needed to resolve issues like mine.

All of these issues may just relate to the uncommon layout for the site. Maybe there is a faq, contact us and search featured buried in some sub-menu but I spent 10 minutes looking.

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you check your spam filter for the registration e-mail?

Prodigalvanic said:
[...] Maybe one single forum where unregistered people can post, that's only needed to resolve issues like mine.

[...]

Such a forum would receive an astronomical amount of spam.

If your junk folder doesn't contain the email, perhaps your carrier is having issues? Have you tried sending yourself a test email from another email account?

Evo said:
Did you check your spam filter for the registration e-mail?

I did check the spam and found nothing. Weird. It's yahoo mail and it has been acting funny.

The real bummer is that when I registered this username I used a different email address. I want to change the email address associated with my username but I can't!
When I try to change the email in my profile it says "The email address you entered is already in use. If you have forgotten your password, please click here." :(

Apparently PF doesn't delete accounts but pretty please?!
Evo said:
We don't delete accounts. Just stop posting.
Delete prodigalvani (w/out the "c") DO NOT delete prodigalvanic (w/the "c")

PS. Test emails to the preferred account work fine even from list serves and other websites.

1. What is a registration bug?

A registration bug is an error or issue that occurs during the process of registering for a service or account. This can include technical glitches, user errors, or other issues that prevent successful registration.

2. How can I report a registration bug?

If you encounter a registration bug, you can report it to the company or website's customer support team. They will typically have a designated channel or form for reporting bugs and will work to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

3. What is a feature complaint?

A feature complaint is feedback or criticism about a specific feature or function of a product or service. This can include suggestions for improvement, dissatisfaction with the current functionality, or requests for additional features.

4. How can I submit a feature complaint?

You can submit a feature complaint by contacting the company or website's customer support team. They may have a feedback form or email address specifically for feature complaints, or you can reach out through their general contact channels.

5. Will reporting a registration bug or submitting a feature complaint result in a fix or change?

While reporting a registration bug or submitting a feature complaint can help bring attention to the issue, it does not guarantee that it will be fixed or changed. The company or website will typically prioritize and address issues based on their severity and impact on their users.