Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reimann Geometry Resources

1. Jun 14, 2006 #1
    Can anyone please forward me to some free or cheap resources for learning the fubdamentals of Reimann Geometry? I am very interested in the prospects of higher dimensional mathematics and would very much like to, at the very least, be able to understand the fundmentals and maybe even some applications. Any and all help is appreciated.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2006 #2
  4. Jun 14, 2006 #3
    Thank you very much. This will help me a lot.
  5. Jun 14, 2006 #4
    You're welcome. :)
  6. Jun 15, 2006 #5
    It's not a bad list. But always remember that with free books one always what one pays for.

A nice nuts-and-bolts introduction to 1 and 2-diml. Riemannian geometry can be found in Do Carmo's text on curves and surfaces. His text _Riemannian Geometry_ is the best introduction to Riemannian geometry proper out there.

Also, you might try looking at the first few chapters of Marcel Berger's A Panoramic View of Riemannian Geometry. In there he gives the best interpretation of Riemannian curvature and sectional curvature I've ever seen.
  7. Jun 16, 2006 #6
    Thanks Doodle Bob. I'll certainly look into those texts as well. A quick search for Do Carmo yields impressive commentary on his works. I look forward to reading it.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?