Fixing Windows XP Reinstallation Error - GetIUMS Not Found

• Thread starter pivoxa15
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Windows
In summary, the "GetIUMS not found" error can occur during a Windows XP reinstallation due to missing or corrupted installation files. To fix the error, a valid copy of the installation files must be obtained and properly installed. It is important to use the same version of Windows XP for the reinstallation to prevent further errors. If the error persists, there may be an issue with the computer's hardware and professional help may be needed. To prevent the error from happening in the future, regularly backing up important files and keeping antivirus software up to date can be helpful.
pivoxa15
I managed to setup Windows XP reinstall and everything was good until when 13 minutes left and this error message came up:

"unregmp2.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL. "

This message came up during Registering Components section of the reinstallation.

Pressing "OK" or closing this message does not do anything and the message is always there as a result the reinstallation process has stopped.

What can I do?

Computer science news on Phys.org

Hello, thank you for reaching out for assistance with your Windows XP reinstallation error. It sounds like you have encountered an issue with a missing or corrupted file, specifically the MSDART.DLL file. This file is a Microsoft data access component and is essential for the reinstallation process to complete successfully. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

1. Restart your computer and try the reinstallation process again. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue.

2. If the error persists, try running a system file checker scan. This will scan your computer for any missing or corrupted system files and replace them with a backup copy. To do this, click on the Start button, go to Run, and type in "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes). Press Enter and let the scan run. Once it's completed, try the reinstallation process again.

3. If the above steps do not work, you may need to obtain a copy of the MSDART.DLL file from a different source. You can try downloading it from a trusted website or obtaining it from a friend who has a working copy of Windows XP.

4. If all else fails, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They may be able to provide you with a solution or additional resources to help resolve the issue.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the error and complete your reinstallation successfully. Good luck!

1. Why am I getting the "GetIUMS not found" error when trying to reinstall Windows XP?

The "GetIUMS not found" error occurs when the installation files for Windows XP are missing or corrupted. This can happen due to a number of reasons, such as a virus infection, hardware malfunction, or accidental deletion of files.

2. How can I fix the "GetIUMS not found" error during Windows XP reinstallation?

To fix this error, you will need to obtain a valid copy of the Windows XP installation files. If you have a physical installation disc, you can use that. Otherwise, you can download the files from Microsoft's website or use a recovery disc provided by your computer manufacturer. Once you have the files, follow the prompts during the reinstallation process to ensure they are properly installed.

3. Can I use a different version of Windows XP to fix the "GetIUMS not found" error?

No, you must use the same version of Windows XP that you were originally trying to install. If you use a different version, the installation files may not be compatible and could cause further errors.

4. What should I do if I continue to get the "GetIUMS not found" error after reinstalling Windows XP?

If the error persists after reinstalling Windows XP, it is possible that there is a problem with your computer's hardware. You may need to run diagnostics or seek professional help to determine the cause of the error.

5. Is there a way to prevent the "GetIUMS not found" error from happening in the future?

To prevent this error from happening again, it is important to regularly back up your important files and keep your computer's antivirus software up to date. This can help prevent viruses or accidental file deletions that could lead to the "GetIUMS not found" error during a reinstallation of Windows XP.