Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestion Related tags cloud

1. May 24, 2009 #1
    when doing a tag seach it would be convenient to see a list of all the ('related') tags that the search results pages are tagged with so one can narrow down ones search.

BTW, do I have to be a member to be able to do boolean tag searches?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2009 #2
    On the results page, are you suggesting we make the little tag icon that shows the rest of the tags for that thread hyperlinked?

and yes you need to e a gold member for boolean searches

4. Jun 2, 2009 #3
    lets say I go here:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/tags.php [Broken]
    there is a tag cloud that helps me to choose a tag to search for.
    lets say I do a seach for charge. I get a page with links to about 30 threads. I decide that I want to narrow down my search. but I'm not sure exactly what tag to use to do that. on the orginal there was a tag cloud to help me but now there isnt. it would be nice if I could take all threads that are tagged 'charge' and see what other tags they are tagged with. maybe not all of them. maybe just the most common ones. in other words, tags related to the tag 'charge'.

i have no idea how hard that would be to do. maybe its just wishful thinking. but I figure it never hurts to ask.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook