1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relating energy to temperature

1. Sep 21, 2009 #1
    Hi everyone,

I am using some modelling techniques to study the wave propogation and coupling into different materials. Using my simulation results I was able to plot the Normalised Power flow time averaging (Intensity) vs thickness and also the energy density vs Thickness of the material. So this will give me the absorbed energy in the bulk of the material. How can I calculate the temperature of the material using this data???
    can anyone help me in giving some ideas... I have studied thE intensity vs thickness of Nickel... its well known fact that as the wave enters a metal it will decay rapidly according to the Skin depth theory... I was able to show this... Now I would like to calculate the temperature at the surface of the Ni (or even the bulk Nickel) which am using..
    I hope the problem is clear...

Thanks in advance

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted