Relationship between Time and Motion

Here are some conceptual questions and I'd love to hear your opinions on it, because there are quite a few of them, so I decided to post the question one at the time.

1) Is motion possible without time? Is time posssible without motion? Is time possible without change?

In my opinion, motion and time coexist. I believe time is an abstract concept created to measure how "things" change within a parameter relative to a specific coordination. The "change" relative to the parameter is caused by motion. Hence, if time doesn't exist, there would be no change, and if motion doesn't exist, there needn't to be the concept of time. Therefore time and motion must coexist.

Read julian babours' book 'the end of time', there are some interesting ideas in there on the nature of our universe. The universe he discusses is based on a concept of no change or rather change inside the universe is actually just a different configuration of the universe. No time is actually involved as there is no motion to speak of.

turin

Homework Helper
This seems to be a bit semantic. If what you mean by motion is just a difference of the value of some property with respect to the difference in the value of some parameter (which may or may not be a property itself), then time is not necessary for motion. If what you mean by motion is a change in a property, then this suggests a parametrized causality. This doesn't require time either, but it would be quite strange if, for instance, the x-axis exhibited a causal parametrization.