Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relationship Troubles

1. May 28, 2013 #1
    I have been with my girlfriend for about a year and 7 months. I love her and feel very emotionally attached to her and her to me. But recently I have been attracted to this other girl.

I don't really talk to the other girl because I fear that if I do I'll become more attracted to her. She's also out of my league.

I told my gf about it, and we currently took a break to see if I forget the other girl, but I just can't seem to be able to. I've been attracted to other girls in the past and fear it will happen again.

Point is girls cause me trouble, they seem to be my weakness. Should I tell my girlfriend that we grew apart, or is there still some hope?

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2013 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

So, you don't really know the other girl? It's mostly just a physical attraction? Has this other girl given you any indication that she is interested in you romantically?

Also, since you posted this, I have to say, IMO, you aren't ready to be in a monogamous relationship. Date around until you stop having your head turned by any girl that comes along. Some people just aren't monogamous, you might be one of them.

4. May 28, 2013 #3
    Thank you for your advice. I doubt that girl will be into me though. I'm sort off a loser I guess :banghead:

5. May 28, 2013 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No, you're just like many young men that need to sow their wild oats (so to speak) until they're ready to settle down. Try dating casually for a while. I find that too many people nowadays think they have to be in committed relationships right away and it puts a lot of pressure on them.

6. May 28, 2013 #5
    I think you should just start talking to this other girl and see what happens.. maybe you fall head over heals in love with her, and leave your girlfriend for her.. maybe you don't.. but staying with your current girlfriend just because you feel bad is worse than leaving her for another woman.

The only way you'll sort your **** out is by making mistakes or crossing lines, so give it a shot - say hi to her... maybe it'll go weird or maybe you'll pick up on something that does or does not work. Right now it's just a fantasy and if you're not able to tell the difference and stick it out with your current one, then maybe you shouldn't be with her anyways.

7. May 28, 2013 #6
    I guess I'll give it a shot. I rather fail miserably than spend my life wondering what would have been, and not enjoy settling down. Thanks for the advice, both of you :)

8. Jun 3, 2013 #7
    Now that I'm talking to her she doesn't seem interested. She takes too long to respond my messages. I think she's just being polite. I'm horrible at talking to girls :/

9. Jun 3, 2013 #8
    Don't waste your time sending her messages.. just ask her to hang out.. you'll never get anywhere feeling it out over texts.

10. Jun 3, 2013 #9
    I'll do that. Thank you.

11. Jun 3, 2013 #10
    And if she says know then at least you know for sure and can move on :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook