Relationships and Game Theory

In summary, the girl tells her boyfriend that she accidentally kissed another guy at work. The boyfriend is angry and asks her which story she told him was the truth. The girl eventually reveals that she told him she kissed him accidentally, but in reality she kissed him on purpose. The boyfriend decides that the best solution is to break up with the girl.
Ha ha. You often come across as if you are hitting on people you talk to, do you?

Physics news on Phys.org
heh, you its me zooby. and i may have considered hitting on mr. ape. i don't remember how it came about. but I could always legally pursue older men, they just couldn't pursue me back.

It sounds almost as if this has come up before...

Gale said:
heh, you its me zooby.
I didn't recognize you at first. Done something new with your hair?

Maybe she's been using a dinglehopper?

Hrm... maybe new seashells?

Hurkyl said:
Maybe she's been using a dinglehopper?

Hrm... maybe new seashells?
:rofl: You have the soundtrack, don't you? And you sing along with it in the shower? I knew it!

not to retrack the offtrack convo, but..

good call ditching the girl. She got lonely after 3 days? Don't leave for a week or she'll get married and have kids while you're gone :rolleyes:

I can tell you from what I've seen and my own personal experience that dating a girl more than 4 or 5 years younger than you never goes well, at least until you're in your late 20's early 30's. Too much grief. :yuck:

Sounds like you did the right thing to me TSP (can I be that informal with you? It's hard to type out your full name with the 2 finger hunt and peck method :rofl: ). It sounds like she was playing mind games with you, trying to get you to break it off with her so she can blame you for the whole thing (which she probably did anyway). Seem like instead of being mature enough to handle it something like "listen, I'm not sure about this relationship any more and I think we should make it more casual and start seeing other people" she goes and creates a situation where she hopes you'll fly off the handle.

I don't think it makes you cold hearted to be analytical like you were. I say good job at keeping your cool, not thinking with the wrong part of your anatomy:wink: and throwing a big logical, non-emotional monkey wrench in her plans :biggrin:

TheStatutoryApe said:
So last night my girlfriend decides to tell me that she "accidentally" kissed some guy at her work.

It's not an "accident". That's a red flag. Can you imagine being married to her and going for a few days then all of a sudden something "accidental" happens. Yikes.

Choose wisely.

Thank you everyone for your input. She's definitely been kicked to the curb.

LYN said:
Ha ha. You often come across as if you are hitting on people you talk to, do you?
Yeah, probably. I believe I accidentally flirted with you once even.

honestrosewater said:
:rofl: You have the soundtrack, don't you? And you sing along with it in the shower? I knew it!
Hurkyl I want my soundtrack back! I haven't gotten to listened to Under The Sea in forever! :mad:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Back to flirting with older women for me!
If you want to borrow one for a while, I need a rest. Mine's 55, with a positively frightening sex drive.

Sorry it happened, but I agree with the general consensus. You made the right move, in a graceful manner. She clearly wanted out, without taking the responsibility for it. If you hadn't reacted as you did, her 'accidents' would have continued to escalate until you had no choice.

You have the soundtrack, don't you? And you sing along with it in the shower? I knew it!
Borrowed the movie from a friend. :tongue2: (And watched it/listened to it far too much in the past two weeks)