Relative Time vs. Universal Time: Bible Realizes Role of Observer in Universe

• Thread starter haroldjrbw
  • Start date
In summary, the universe is less than 6,000 years old. It's a case of universal time vs. relative time. The universe is billions of years old based on Earth based time. To measure the age of the universe, we look back in time from our perspective of time. The Bible looks forward in time from the Creation, encompassing the entire universe.
haroldjrbw
The universe is less than 6,000 years old. It's a case of universal time vs. relative time. The universe is billions of years old based on Earth based time. To measure the age of the universe, we look back in time from our perspective of time. The Bible looks forward in time from the Creation, encompassing the entire universe.

This is why the Jewish Calendar starts with Adam. Thousands of years ago they realized that the six days in Genesis was longer periods of time from our perspective. The Bible says:

Remember the days of old(six days), consider the years of each generation(Adam) Deuteronomy 32:7

The Bible realizes the role the observer plays in the universe. There were no human observers before Adam, so Genesis 1 goes by the cosmic time of the universe relative to Earth based time before an observer was Created on earth.

Where the mix up comes into play is when you try to age the Earth according to our perception of time, which is temporal. In Genesis the Bible is talking about universal time of the whole universe.

Just think, the writer of Genesis recognized that Earth based time didn't start until Adam. This is astounding, so what he did was write the first chapter of Genesis from the perspective of the entire universe. The Earth is young relative to the entire universe. The writer of Genesis knew this because he was led by the Spirit.

It's a million million to one ratio between the Earth and cosmic time. This is based on a million millionfold stretching of waves of radiation since the physical universe began. So 120 million years in the time we experience would be one hour in cosmic time. The kicker is, a million million divided by 15 billion is six days!

It's good to see science is starting to catch up to the Bible.

www.quantumtheologica.blogspot.com
Relatively Speaking
Clouds in the Bible

THANK YOU, LORD JESUS!

Physics news on Phys.org
haroldjrbw said:
Where the mix up comes into play is when you try to age the Earth according to our perception of time, which is temporal.

What a novel concept. I never realized that our perception of time is temporal. Imagine such a ridiculous idea.

Just think, the writer of Genesis recognized that Earth based time didn't start until Adam. This is astounding,

I certainly can't argue with this.

The kicker is, a million million divided by 15 billion is six days!

I don't know what kind of arithmetic you are using to come to such a result, but I am sure that it is as wonderous as the other things that you have been saying.

I guess that you must be filled with spirits too.

Prometheus said:
What a novel concept. I never realized that our perception of time is temporal. Imagine such a ridiculous idea.

I certainly can't argue with this.

I don't know what kind of arithmetic you are using to come to such a result, but I am sure that it is as wonderous as the other things that you have been saying.

I guess that you must be filled with spirits too.
Prometheus, I wish I was as nice as you.

Time is temporal in the physical because of our perception of time. People always are trying to do things within a certain time, but we are in the eternal now. Time moving forward is our perception of time in the physical. This is the simultaneus nature of time. Just hit a letter on your keyboard, you are watching a past-future event take place from the eternal now. Time is a physical property, it depends on things like location, gravity and velocity. Those things are relative to the way we percieve time. I believe our true state is timeless, and we will return to our original state through Christ.

THANK YOU, LORD JESUS CHRIST!

Religious topics are no longer permitted at physicsforums.com. In addition, this sort of drive-by advertising is usually considered spam here.

- Warren

1. What is the difference between relative time and universal time?

Relative time refers to the measurement of time based on the observer's frame of reference, while universal time refers to the measurement of time based on a fixed reference point, usually the Earth's rotation or the position of celestial bodies.

2. How does the Bible address the concept of relative time and universal time?

The Bible does not directly mention the concepts of relative time and universal time, as these are scientific concepts that were not fully understood at the time the Bible was written. However, some passages in the Bible, such as Psalm 90:4, suggest that God exists outside of time and is not subject to its limitations.

3. Can the role of the observer affect the measurement of time?

Yes, the role of the observer can affect the measurement of time. According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time is relative to the observer's frame of reference. This means that time can appear to pass differently for different observers depending on their relative speeds and positions.

4. How does the realization of the observer's role in the universe impact our understanding of time?

The realization of the observer's role in the universe has led to a better understanding of the relativity of time and how it can be affected by factors such as gravity and velocity. It has also helped scientists to develop more accurate methods of measuring time and to understand the concept of time dilation.

5. How does the concept of time in the Bible relate to scientific understanding?

The concept of time in the Bible is often symbolic and metaphorical, rather than scientific. However, some passages, such as 2 Peter 3:8, suggest that God exists outside of time and may not be subject to its limitations. This aligns with some aspects of modern scientific understanding of time and its relativity.