Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relativistic Thermodynamics

1. Jun 15, 2006 #1
    As part of a personal work, I had the chance to integrate Thermodynamics and GR in a single theory. Main results are:
    - there is an upper limit in the absolute temperature
    - a gravitational collapse will stop before the singularity (no black hole)
    I'm interested in your opinion on those results and in your suggestion where I can propose my work for publication.

Thanks
    gijeqkeij

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 15, 2006 #2
    You could try submitting it to the Independent Research forum on this board.

4. Jun 16, 2006 #3
    What opposes the collapse?

5. Jun 21, 2006 #4
    Short answer: there is an upper limit in the temperature: when you reach it the collapse can’t proceed further.
    A more extensive explanation is part of the article I would like to publish where it’s shown the theoretical background of the above and the simplified case of the closed universe collapsing.
    gijeqkeij

6. Jun 21, 2006 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Your original question is vague. If you are asking to which peer-reviewed publication to send your theory to, then this is rather puzzling. This is because that you must have had at least a few literature search in basing and researching your ideas (haven't you?) and should have come across many relevant physics journals. It would be very dubious if you had worked in a vacuum of information - how would you know if such-and-such an idea has been published or not? Then these would be the journals to send your manuscript to, something you should have been aware of or familiar with as part of your training.

If what you mean by "publication" is simply appearing on some webpage or open forum, then such a thing on PF can only be done in the IR forum.

Zz.

7. Jun 21, 2006 #6
    Actually I could _possibly_ be interested in what you have done. You asked for an opinion on the results but I haven't seen any. This is not the place to present personal theories so check your private messages.

8. Jun 21, 2006 #7
    I'm not familiar with physics journals; as a background for my personal study I have some books (like MTW "Gravitation").
    I'm writing on this forum to get comments or advise about what I did and, if possible, to know if a similar theory already exists.
    In case doesn't already exist, the second advise I hope to get is how I can publish my theory.
    Thanks
    gijeqkeij

9. Jun 21, 2006 #8

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm sure you have read our Guidelines. Personal theories are only allowed in the IR forum. Please read the rules for submitting a post on that forum.

Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?