Relativity, a theory of information?

• Thread starter faen
  • Start date
ghwellsjr
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well, I'm glad that helped because it is the basis of Special Relativity.

I mentioned earlier how another observer could create his own Frame of Reference with totally different co-ordinates and how that shouldn't be disturbing. Do you understand this and do you agree it's nothing to be disturbed about?
Yes I realize this. However it is only measurements of the surface of something more mysterious.
Something more mysterious? What is mysterious about Einstein's definition of a Frame of Reference?

What are you refering to by "this idea" and "this concept"?
I didn't even read the article, but how about this; I think that a fundamental yet consistent assumption somewhat increases reliability, even without being tested. As opposed to a less fundamental assumption, e.g. that the universe was created in 7 days by something with human thinking characteristics/emotional patterns and appearance.

Last edited:
Something more mysterious? What is mysterious about Einstein's definition of a Frame of Reference?
The thing is that a definition isn't objective it is subjective. Then by definition of definition it's objective "explanation" becomes "mysterious".

Last edited:
ghwellsjr
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The thing is that a definition isn't objective it is subjective. Then by definition of definition it's objective "explanation" becomes "mysterious".
Definitions are arbitrary. Every language has its own dictionary which is nothing more than the authoritative collection of definitions for that particular language. You can't use a definition from the dictionary of one language as the definition in another language. In Special Relativity, we accept the definitions provided by Einstein and although they are arbitrary, we accept them, otherwise, we cannot discuss the theory. Do you want to learn the theory or not?

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Locked, pending moderation.

Zz.