1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relativity book?

1. Dec 27, 2013 #1
    So, I will start my A levels (in Uk or equivalent of 11th grade in America) and i wanna start reading about special and general relativity in simple language but still the same equations used (basically an easier version of relativity-more understandable), any books you can suggest?
    Many Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 27, 2013 #2

bcrowell

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

For the kinematical part of SR, I like Takeuchi, An Illustrated Guide to Relativity. For dynamics, Taylor and Wheeler, Spacetime Physics, is good, but may be above the level you want. There are free options:
    http://www.theassayer.org/cgi-bin/asbrowsesubject.cgi?class=Q#freeclassQC

For GR, you could try Geroch, General Relativity from A to B -- it has pros and cons, and has a very limited scope, as the title implies. Another GR book with limited scope is Taylor and Wheeler, Exploring Black Holes: Introduction to General Relativity. For more depth and breadth, you could try Hartle, Gravity: An Introduction to Einstein's General Relativity, but the level may be too high.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted