Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Relativity/speed of light/gravity

1. Nov 8, 2003 #1
    I'm not really asking for myself, but there is a really, really long topic on blitz forums(blitz is the programming language that i'm doing my physics engine in.) Guests cannot, however post to these forums unless they have bought blitz.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=26762

here's the topic I'm talking about. it's currently 154 posts long, so if you got some time to spare or this is your kinda topic, check it out. It includes a person who's convinced everything is just a scheme for gaining money (flameduck). I'd be happy to say somthing (as a quote or a hyperlink to this topic) of course.

Hmmm. interesting topic really covers a lota of bases.

BTW I'm 'bot builder' and yes my arse really does effect tidal waves..... (well it does)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2003 #2

FZ+

Looking at the first page, the answer is...

You can't travel at the speed of light. If you could, then relativity doesn't work, so we can't say what would happen.

Easy.

4. Nov 8, 2003 #3

jcsd

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, the correct conclusion should be: as your speed tends to the speed of light, your mass tends to infinity therefore it is impossible for you to travel at the speed of light.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?