Religious poll

• Thread starter yyttr2
  • Start date
Out of curiousity, I was wondering what religion everyone here is apart of, if any.

edit: The poll wont post D;

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Unitarian Universalist.

Perfect religion for me. I have a Christian background, but have a hard time considering myself very Christian in my beliefs. UU has a Christian background, but it would be inaccurate to consider it still a Christian religion.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I am an atheist, but I have never taken it to the point where I will go out and declare "I am an Atheist."

Whoah!

I think I just did.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Heathen. Wotan and Thorr and suchlikes.

I'm a Scientologist. I worship L. Ron Hubbard.

Pythagorean
Gold Member
Pythagoreanism

Jonathan Scott
Gold Member
I'm a Christian Atheist; that is, I think that Christians have a good system but their god doesn't exist.

(I'm also a slight flying-saucerist, although only by elimination because I'm even more sceptical of the alternatives. I'm inclined to agree with Josef Blumrich that the most plausible systematic explanation for the amazing description of helicopter-like machines in 2 Esdras and Ezekiel, Elijah's whirlwind, "Chariots of fire", the pillar of cloud/fire that leads Moses, the "Glory of the lord" in the New Testament, the star that appears to the wise men and various other references not only in the Bible but in other religions, is some sort of flying saucer!)

Pastafarian here.

FSM > All

I'm a follower of The FSM(flying spaghetti monster). I want a God that isn't an evil mass murdering psychopath that forces me to accept his twisted moral values. Plus, the FSM can feed you for an eternity.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

jtbell
Mentor
I was wondering what religion everyone here is apart of, if any.

Haven't you heard? The proper term nowadays is "faith community."

Discordian

Danger
Gold Member
Semi-militant atheist. You can believe whatever you want to, and we'll get along okay; try to convert me, and I'll fall on you like a ball of neutronium.

I believe in Sorry! being the one true God.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
I'm a Christian Atheist; that is, I think that Christians have a good system but their god doesn't exist.
Isn;t that the strangest co-inky-dink.

I was just asking myself if one could adopt Christian values without having to adopt the God along with it.

I am interested in all sort of things that can make me calm, bring peace to my mind when I need it, or re-energize me when I am exhausted.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
I am interested in all sort of things that can make me calm, bring peace to my mind when I need it, or re-energize me when I am exhausted.

I'm not sure if sex counts as a religion.

I'm not sure if sex counts as a religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamasutra" [Broken]:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe in Greg Bernhardt. I think He can perform miracles, such as free membership, or even (ultimate almightiness) banning a mentor.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I believe in Greg Bernhardt. I think He can perform miracles, such as free membership, or even (ultimate almightiness) banning a mentor.

...lol :smile:

ranger
Gold Member
Wow, such a rich verity of atheists. What others are there?