Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Religious poll

1. I Belive In An Organized Religion

2 vote(s)
  2. I Belive in "God" or something similar. (Agnostic?)

6 vote(s)
  3. Were here because of pure chance.

7 vote(s)
  1. Nov 29, 2003 #1
    Just wondering how many of you belive in a form of god...
    I've noticed the more intelectually inclined places I goto online the less religious people there are...

Oh hey look at that. Im member #4500. Horray for rounded numbers :p
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2003 #2

I believe in the wrongness of your poll...

Agnostics claim it is (and in some cases, will be) impossible to know conclusively whether God exists or not.

Some people believe in God, and pure chance (the idea being that God is manifested in terms of pure chance.) Some people are atheists, and believe in life without pure chance - eg. solopsists.

Oh yes... welcome to PF!
  4. Nov 29, 2003 #3
    I am atheist
    Religions are sects, and their members are zombies that follow the rules of their religion
  5. Nov 29, 2003 #4
    Ack i forgot, I cant just assume words around people more intellegable than me :wink:
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2003
  6. Nov 29, 2003 #5
    I'm a landover baptist.

Check out my religion's kickass official website at www.landoverbaptist.com
  7. Nov 30, 2003 #6
    First, what is a landover bapstist?
    Second, I voted for the middle one, because I'm against a very organized religion, but am obviously religious to those who know me to some extent.
  8. Nov 30, 2003 #7
    Land Overbaptist is the best religion of all. They even have the best halloween haunted houses.
  9. Nov 30, 2003 #8
    Seriously, you unsaved heathens can be so ignorant sometimes.

MAYBE, if you'd open your eyes and accept the one and only path to truth, you'd be able to not only go to heaven, but read and comprehend text.

Man I hate heathens.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2003
  10. Nov 30, 2003 #9
    First, I hope you're joking, I have a hard time telling with you.
    Second, I didn't bother with the website because one time I found the scientology website and had to read for literally hours about the life and times of L. Ron Hubbard (or whatever his name is) to find out what they are about. In my opinion, this bio sounds made up, or he had an unbelievable life.
  11. Nov 30, 2003 #10
    WOW! That isn't what I was expecting. I agree with some of the veiws that were obvious (I didn't read much of anything though), but am shocked at the thong banner.
    EDIT: () parts are by me.
  12. Nov 30, 2003 #11

13. Nov 30, 2003 #12
    I am an atheist and proud of it...we're on the move, myth-lovers!!
  14. Nov 30, 2003 #13

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That landover baptist thing is weird.. it is supposed to be a satire on religion?
  15. Nov 30, 2003 #14

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

nice site there waste...i bet many 16 year old rebels read that one...seriously, i was entertained for a few moments...
  16. Nov 30, 2003 #15
    Way to be overly cynical! I'm sure many anal-retentive, lonely science nerds with low self esteem love trying to belittle highschool students in order to make themselves feel better*thumbs up*.
  17. Nov 30, 2003 #16
    Children, be nice...
  18. Nov 30, 2003 #17
    Heh. But I don't want to be nice! I won't to bake cookies and then show them to God, and he'll say, "Wow, these are good cookies, Jeebus."

And then I'll say something like, "Ya know those were covered with LSD tablets."

Then God will say, "Really?" And I would shout, "Yes, it just goes to show you that you are not omniscient!"

Oh, by the way, I'm atheist.
  19. Nov 30, 2003 #18

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! :smile:
  20. Nov 30, 2003 #19
    I'm sorry folks but we have expressed before that PF no longer supports the discussion of religion.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?