Religious spoof t-shirts & 10 commandments

• Thread starter aychamo
  • Start date
In summary, the author wants to make religious spoof t-shirts, and offers a link for anyone who wants to make their own.
aychamo
Hey guys;

I want to make some religious spoof t-shirts to wear around campus.. There's way too many people wearing t-shirts from their bible studies, etc.

Here's one I made... Any clues for any others?

Edit - sorry, that's a bit much. Evo

Also.. I was working on a spoof of the ten commandments.. I've only come up with a couple..

1. Thou shalt not use reason.
2. Thou shalt believe anything, despite its absurdity, because I have written it.
3. Thou shalt pray constantly despite the fact that I will ignore you.
4. Thou shalt pass judgement on others despite your own flaws.
5. Thou shalt quote the bible out of context.
6. Thou shalt believe in the bible because I have written it.
7. Thou shalt believe in me because the bible says so.
8. Thou shalt use my name to commit murder.
9. Thou shalt credit me for all good coincidences.
10. Thou shalt credit sin for all bad things.

Any others? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
All of the 10 commandments can easilly bet condensed into one .
Thou shalt not believe in gibberish.

I think its funny i do believe in god in a way i guess but i don't believe we should have "rules" to live by, I don't think/believe/want anyone to have control over me but me :D

How about :

1. Thou shalt declare a Constitutional Ban on same sex marriage
2. Thou shalt cut taxes
3. Thou shalt strike down the enemy...while cutting more taxes
4. Thou shalt deficit spend like there's no tomorrow
5. Thou shalt strike fear into the hearts of the nature lovers for they are heretics
6. Thou shalt shun the French, for they are heretics too
7. Thou shalt use words like misunderestimate and strategery
8. Thou shalt not confide in the masses for they have not faith
9. Thou shalt forgive the vilest of sinners, and put them in your cabinet
10. Thou shalt be President, George Dubya Bush

Aychamo, now I'm really curious. What dastardly blaspheme did you utter that the very words vanish from the post, as if by the will of the Supreme One ?

Ooh, ooh, I know. How about:

Leave people believe what they like and don't be a complete prick?

Or whatever.

deltabourne said:

Or whatever.

We did let humans believe what they want, and what humanity achieved?
Look around and you see;wars ,crusades,revolutions, all in the name of God.

Last edited:
deltabourne said:

I agree! :smile:

deltabourne said:

Or whatever.

Mmmmm...true. :uhh: But aren't we allowed a little humor, once in a while ? :grumpy: :devil:

tumor said:
Mmm, it's all Religions fault that people are dicks.

Maybe we should make Atheism an official govt. policy, kind of like they did in the USSR and China. There are around 750,000 Atheists in China/Russia, even more in the former USSR satellites, they've set a grand model for the rest of the world to try to follow. If only we could reach total Atheism as a culture, maybe we'd have the sucess of Stalin and Mao.

Last edited:
wasteofo2 said:

Maybe we should make Atheism an official govt. policy, kind of like they did in the USSR and China. There are around 750,000 Atheists in China/Russia, even more in the former USSR satellites, they've set a grand model for the rest of the world to try to follow. If only we could reach total Atheism as a culture, maybe we'd have the sucess of Stalin and Mao.

Boo, what a horrible, fallacious argument. This is perhaps the *worst* argument ever, in history.

There is no connection between the failure of China/The Soviet and atheism. You are forgetting a little world called COMMUNISM!

Gokul43201 said:
Aychamo, now I'm really curious. What dastardly blaspheme did you utter that the very words vanish from the post, as if by the will of the Supreme One ?

Hey, not bad with your 10 commandments! :)

As far what I wrote ... Check this link:

http://www.think-evolution.com/tshirt1.jpg

It's a tshirt my girlfriend and I designed. I linked it inline. Apparently it upset the mod so they modded me, but I'm sure it's ok if I just link it.

Last edited by a moderator:
aychamo said:
Hey guys;

I want to make some religious spoof t-shirts to wear around campus.. There's way too many people wearing t-shirts from their bible studies, etc.

Here's one I made... Any clues for any others?

Edit - sorry, that's a bit much. Evo

Also.. I was working on a spoof of the ten commandments.. I've only come up with a couple..

1. Thou shalt not use reason.
2. Thou shalt believe anything, despite its absurdity, because I have written it.
3. Thou shalt pray constantly despite the fact that I will ignore you.
4. Thou shalt pass judgement on others despite your own flaws.
5. Thou shalt quote the bible out of context.
6. Thou shalt believe in the bible because I have written it.
7. Thou shalt believe in me because the bible says so.
8. Thou shalt use my name to commit murder.
9. Thou shalt credit me for all good coincidences.
10. Thou shalt credit sin for all bad things.

Any others? :)

If you don't mind a little constructive criticism, perhaps a little more humorous approach, a little less harsh. Like the episode of Vicar of Dibley where Jim said, "Thou shalt not covet they neighbors ass, even if it is quite alluring."

aychamo : yout T-shirt is hilarious. I'm christian. I'd like to actually wear the T-shirt.

Also : wasteofo2, you used to have "chien andalou" or so in your description am I right ? Are you another french provocator, or do you study french language which in turn made you provocative ? (I am a horrible french provocating person. I realize we french have no respect. I'll try to stick to it.)

aychamo said:
Boo, what a horrible, fallacious argument. This is perhaps the *worst* argument ever, in history.

There is no connection between the failure of China/The Soviet and atheism. You are forgetting a little world called COMMUNISM!

Exactomundo! you took words out of my mouth.

Not really. In fact, it was a perfect contradiction to your belief that religion causes world violence, when it's really the people. People interpret religion, with our without it war would happen.

humanino said:
Also : wasteofo2, you used to have "chien andalou" or so in your description am I right ? Are you another french provocator, or do you study french language which in turn made you provocative ? (I am a horrible french provocating person. I realize we french have no respect. I'll try to stick to it.)

Un Chien Andalou, is a Luis Bunuel movie, famous for its eyelid slashing scene.

Dagenais said:
Not really. In fact, it was a perfect contradiction to your belief that religion causes world violence, when it's really the people.

Duh...religion was created by people. :rolleyes:

tumor said:

mostly muslims nowadays

wasteofo2 said:

yes, USSR is still alive and prospering and China is following them in the same direction...

I cannot believe some of the comments made here...

For goodness' sake people - let people believe what they'd like to believe, and leave it at that. If the topic creator would like to wear his shirt, fair enough. But no-one here should be telling people what to believe and what not to believe.

The Binary Monster said:
I cannot believe some of the comments made here...

For goodness' sake people - let people believe what they'd like to believe, and leave it at that. If the topic creator would like to wear his shirt, fair enough. But no-one here should be telling people what to believe and what not to believe.
My feelings exactly.

This thread has really gone off topic, so I am closing it.

1. What are religious spoof t-shirts?

Religious spoof t-shirts are humorous t-shirts that utilize religious themes or imagery in a satirical or mocking way.

2. Are religious spoof t-shirts offensive?

This is subjective and depends on the individual's personal beliefs and sense of humor. Some may find them offensive, while others may find them funny.

3. Do religious spoof t-shirts mock religion?

While some may argue that they do, others may argue that they are simply using humor to make a point or to bring attention to certain religious issues.

4. What is the connection between religious spoof t-shirts and the 10 commandments?

Religious spoof t-shirts may use the 10 commandments as a source of humor by twisting the traditional meanings or by adding in modern references. They may also use the commandments as a way to critique or comment on religious beliefs or practices.

5. Are religious spoof t-shirts appropriate to wear?

Again, this is subjective and depends on the context and individual beliefs. It's important to be respectful and considerate of others when wearing any type of t-shirt, including religious spoof t-shirts.