Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

REM Fans Unite

1. Jul 1, 2003 #1
    REM was a damn good band. They might still be together... I don't know, but their best work was definately on the albums "Green" and "Out of Time." Unfortunately, I think that Out of Time (because of the song "Losing My Religion") received the same level of mainstream abuse as Nirvana's "Nevermind" or Smashing Pumpkins' "Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness."

My favorite REM song of all time would have to be "Country Feedback."

What do you appreciate about REM?

eNtRopY

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2003
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 1, 2003 #2
    REM IS a great band and they played at glastonbury at the weekend, damn, how out of touch are u?

there best work is on automatic for the people (i know its everybody's favorite but i love it), closely followed by new adventures in hi fi

damn cant beleive u think they split up. if ure interested their most recent albumn is reveal released last year (year before?) but i doubt u are seein how big a fan u are.

4. Jul 2, 2003 #3
    Re: Re: REM Fans Unite

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I remember the come-back of 2001... I wasn't impressed. Their best work is in the past; so, I don't want to lose my appreciation for what they did by listening to what they are doing. I didn't think they split, but I assume at some time they fade. Haven't people been saying that Michael Stipe has been dying of HIV for the past ten years? It seems like at some point he won't be able to perform anymore.

eNtRopY

5. Jul 2, 2003 #4
    Re: Re: Re: REM Fans Unite

the come back? they never went away, one of em left just before they wrote 'up' tho.

6. Jul 2, 2003 #5
    Wooooo..REM..one of my favourite bands.

I oly got one of their albums...Atomic For The People.

my favourite song would have to be Man On The Moon or Find The River

i am looking to get more of their albums..but me out of money

7. Jul 3, 2003 #6
    get new adventures in hi fi off ebay. a lot like AUTOMATIC for the people

8. Jul 3, 2003 #7
    OH i love REM they used to be my favourite band but then my husband fvcked up and blew away all our money.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?