Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Remarkably clean

1. Oct 29, 2005 #1
    "remarkably clean"

http://www.detnews.com/2005/politics/0510/29/polit-365208.htm

Hello??? THe McCain smear in the 2000 primaries? The Florida election debacle? The 2004 election problems? etc etc etc re: bin Laden, etc etc etc?

Not to mention that to call *now* the moment of scandal, instead of 2003, is like saying Clinton went 8 years without scandal.

Weird.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 29, 2005 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There is no longer any distinction between spin, and lies.

4. Oct 29, 2005 #3
    :rofl: To a Republican, that IS remarkably clean apparently.:surprised

Thank god we have not found out about the other stuff!!!

(I am using the 'tip of the iceberg' theory of politics)

5. Oct 29, 2005 #4

SOS2008

Gold Member

If you look up Bush (google, wikipedia, or what have you) the word "controversial" is very prevalent. Maybe they mean no one has gotten busted until now. :rolleyes:

6. Oct 29, 2005 #5
    If you google the word failure the first thing on the list is W's bio from the white house site. Of course you guys probably already know this!:rolleyes:

7. Oct 30, 2005 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Jeez, do you guys just not remember Clinton's scandal-of-the-week Presidency? Google "Clinton scandal" and see what you get.

Bush has a lot of work to do if he wants to catch up with Clinton's record-setting administration.

http://prorev.com/legacy.htm

Last edited: Oct 30, 2005
  8. Oct 30, 2005 #7
    High Crimes and treason is what has been commited by this administration as well as by all those that allowed such actions to take place, not many representaitives took a stand against it! The houses need to be cleaned!

Or is you partisan politics and ideology above the principles of what this country is supposed to be about?

9. Oct 30, 2005 #8

SOS2008

Gold Member

I remember these very well. I just don't care about real estate deals and extra marital activities, or definition of words like sex.

Bush was able to catch up with one major offense, and that was putting our military in harms way with fabricated intelligence.

I continue to be bewildered that people can't see the HUGE differences. :bugeye:

10. Oct 30, 2005 #9
    SOS I agree with what you're saying but there is a very big misconception that clinton's war (in kosovo) was somehow just or necessary, and that U.S. troops were sent in for a good reason.. in many ways that war was actually facilitated by the clinton administration.

11. Oct 30, 2005 #10

SOS2008

Gold Member

I see what you are saying, but this was not one of the "scandals" being referred to or that was investigated. The U.S. has intervened in conflict many times during many administrations, and Kosovo was not a poorly executed quagmire that people regret.

There was no revolution, or civil war, or conflict (such as invasion of a neighbor) going on in Iraq at the time of the invasion. This is the difference, and an important factor.

12. Oct 30, 2005 #11

russ_watters

I completely agree.

13. Oct 30, 2005 #12
    Did clinton actually do anything other that get a blowjob by a pretty girl?

14. Oct 30, 2005 #13
    I still remember watching the news one night when an anchor talked about the movie "Wag the Dog" then suddenly switched to talking about Kosovo occuring in the wake of the sex scandal. I laughed my ass off.

15. Oct 31, 2005 #14

russ_watters

Yes. Click the link I posted.

But more to the point, if you want to be focusing on just what Clinton himself did, then you also need to drop the Rove/Libby thing because Bush himself had nothing to do with it. So be consistent: either compare individual to individual or administration to administration. Either way, Bush is way, way behind.

16. Oct 31, 2005 #15
    I am tired of the "lesser of two evils" theory..
    I hate them both!!!

17. Oct 31, 2005 #16

russ_watters

I can accept that - the trouble is, for Americans the choices were limited. Since you couln't vote for either, even if you wanted to, no such conflict exists.

18. Oct 31, 2005 #17
    Me too! I'm changing my voting strategy this time around.

19. Oct 31, 2005 #18
    In all fairness we must then google "Bush scandal" although not scientific the term yeilds 13,100,000 Hits. "Clinton scandal" yields 4,529,000 hits.

And most importantly: "No one died when Clinton lied."

http://www.truthout.org/docs_05/011905D.shtml

Then of course when we add a few other words to the "Bush scandal" search we get into the heart of the situation.

http://www.thenation.com/directory/bush_administration_enron_connections

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/06/06/findlaw.analysis.dean.wmd/

I will leave it here because I could go on all day posting links to incidents involving Bush and the Bush administration. And be able to do this despite the fact that the Bush administration has been the most secretive in the history of the USA.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2005
  20. Oct 31, 2005 #19
    Except 2,000 US Soldiers DIDNT DIE when Clinton let a chubby intern play with his weiner.

21. Oct 31, 2005 #20

russ_watters

That method is flawed due to the fact that as time goes by, hits for a particular subject will decrease. But if you have a list of indictments, resignations, etc., similar to what I posted for Clinton, for Bush's term, I'd be glad to read it.
    Sure, but plenty died due to his incompetence and failure to act.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?