Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Remix Songs

1. Jul 5, 2008 #1
    Hey Everyone!

I am looking for a free piece of software I can download that will let me play around with some music on my computer. You know like slow bits down and speed some up, maybe even add a bit of drums or something like that. It would be cool to make some Fatboy Slim like tunes.

Thanks

_Mayday_

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2008 #2
    Audacity can do most of that. It doesnt have a drum machine, but its good otherwise. If you have a Mac of course there's GarageBand.

4. Jul 5, 2008 #3
    I have one called TrakAx. It doesn't have any built in sounds or anything but you can import them I guess and maybe find some plug-ins or what have you. It allows you to add various layers and adjust them independantly, adding effects and distortion and so forth. It also has the added bonus of a video editor but I'm unsure just how much you an do with that feature other that strip its sound and or layer new sounds on.

5. Jul 6, 2008 #4
    Thanks you two I'll have a look at both.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?