1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Remix Songs

1. Jul 5, 2008 #1
    Hey Everyone!

I am looking for a free piece of software I can download that will let me play around with some music on my computer. You know like slow bits down and speed some up, maybe even add a bit of drums or something like that. It would be cool to make some Fatboy Slim like tunes.

Thanks

_Mayday_

Last edited: Jul 5, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2008 #2
    Audacity can do most of that. It doesnt have a drum machine, but its good otherwise. If you have a Mac of course there's GarageBand.

4. Jul 5, 2008 #3
    I have one called TrakAx. It doesn't have any built in sounds or anything but you can import them I guess and maybe find some plug-ins or what have you. It allows you to add various layers and adjust them independantly, adding effects and distortion and so forth. It also has the added bonus of a video editor but I'm unsure just how much you an do with that feature other that strip its sound and or layer new sounds on.

5. Jul 6, 2008 #4
    Thanks you two I'll have a look at both.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?