Remote monitoring of patient teperature

• Thread starter ecestar
  • Start date
In summary, Tan Tock Seng Hospital uses RFID to take patient temperatures. The project involves RF transmitter/receiver, microcontroller.
ecestar
hello

can anyone give me any idea about (Remote monitoring of patient teperature)

Physics news on Phys.org
There's a range of solutions from throwing eggs at them and seeing if any start to fry, or putting a thermometer in their mouth and using a telescope to read it
What are you trying to do

atyy said:
Tan Tock Seng Hospital Uses RFID to Take Patient Temperatures
Dave Friedlos
http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/view/4560

thank u but this answer is not useful because i don't want news,
but i need the step about who to do like this work

mgb_phys said:
There's a range of solutions from throwing eggs at them and seeing if any start to fry, or putting a thermometer in their mouth and using a telescope to read it
What are you trying to do

i want to now what is the circuit that must be use

Do you want to measure a patient's temperature from a distance by infrared
or do you want to transmit the date from a digital thermometer to a remote point?

mgb_phys said:
Do you want to measure a patient's temperature from a distance by infrared
or do you want to transmit the date from a digital thermometer to a remote point?

i want how the wireless temperature monitor allowing the status of the patients in different hospital room to be remotely monitored by doctors and nurses. A micro processor is used to watch the patient temperature continously from a remote place. Once the patient temperature exceeds its threshold, the micro processor will raise an alarm and inform. The project will involve RF transmitter/receiver, microcontroller.

You need to get the data out of the thermometer (probably a serial link)
Then you need to identify an individual thermometer, either by having a separate channel for each or by tagging the data with an id.
Then you just need a central receiever/display.

ps. It's not worth it, the certification/liability costs means that you can't build anything for medical use for less than $<VERY LARGE NUMBER>

mgb_phys said:
You need to get the data out of the thermometer (probably a serial link)
Then you need to identify an individual thermometer, either by having a separate channel for each or by tagging the data with an id.
Then you just need a central receiever/display.

ps. It's not worth it, the certification/liability costs means that you can't build anything for medical use for less than $<VERY LARGE NUMBER>

yes

but i need more information about the sensor , vco , fm modulation ... ect , that used in this case

So you have an existing wireless data link that you need to interface to?
Talk to the maker/get the specs, we can;t really help with that

mgb_phys said:
So you have an existing wireless data link that you need to interface to?
Talk to the maker/get the specs, we can;t really help with that

thank u very much for your time
but i want any web show me who can i work ?

1. What is remote monitoring of patient temperature?

Remote monitoring of patient temperature is a method of continuously tracking a patient's body temperature using a thermometer that is connected to a remote monitoring system. This allows healthcare professionals to monitor a patient's temperature remotely, without having to be physically present.

2. How does remote monitoring of patient temperature work?

This process involves placing a thermometer on the patient's body, which is then connected to a remote monitoring system. The thermometer sends temperature readings to the system, which can be accessed by healthcare professionals through a computer or mobile device. The readings are typically displayed in real-time, allowing for immediate action if a patient's temperature becomes too high or too low.

3. What are the benefits of remote monitoring of patient temperature?

There are several benefits to remote monitoring of patient temperature. It allows for continuous and accurate monitoring of a patient's temperature, which can be especially helpful for patients with conditions that require close temperature management. It also reduces the need for frequent temperature checks by healthcare professionals, saving time and resources.

4. Is remote monitoring of patient temperature safe?

Yes, remote monitoring of patient temperature is considered safe. The thermometer used is typically non-invasive and does not pose any risks to the patient. The remote monitoring system is also secure and compliant with privacy laws, ensuring the safety and confidentiality of a patient's health information.

5. Can remote monitoring of patient temperature replace traditional temperature monitoring methods?

Remote monitoring of patient temperature can be a useful tool in addition to traditional temperature monitoring methods. However, it should not completely replace physical temperature checks by healthcare professionals, especially in emergency situations. It is best used as a supplement for continuous monitoring and early detection of changes in a patient's temperature.