Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Rendering LaTeX

1. Jan 22, 2012 #1
    Is there any kind of reader where I can enter the formulas such as "x\left(\Psi^{*}\frac{\partial\Psi}{\partial x}-\frac{\partial\Psi^{*}}{\partial x}\Psi \right)\right|^{+\infty}_{-\infty} = 0?" described above and have it in shown in a clean way please?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2012 #2

vela

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Education Advisor

If the markup is properly formed, your browser should render it automatically if you have Javascript enabled. The reason this particular expression didn't render was because of mismatched \left and \right tags. I added the missing \left. so you should see the expression rendered nicely below.

$$\left.x \left( \Psi^* \frac{\partial\Psi}{\partial x} - \frac{\partial\Psi^*}{\partial x} \Psi \right) \right|^{+\infty}_{-\infty} = 0$$

On a side note, please don't resurrect old threads for an unrelated question. I broke off your post to make a new thread in the proper forum.

4. Jan 24, 2012 #3

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

This site is useful for building your latex formula http://www.codecogs.com/latex/eqneditor.php

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook