1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Renewable Energy and Robotics

1. Aug 21, 2015 #1
    I am a sophmore in college and I am currently majoring in Material Science Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. I want to some day hopefully work with either Robotics and/or Renewable Energy. I want to get a good combination of Mechanical, Chemistry, Electronics, computers, and basic engineering principles this why I majored in these two. However, now I am not sure about this major because most people who work with materials end up in metallurgy and processing and I do not want to do that.

Do any of you guys have an idea for a major that will compliment my needs?
    Also does it have anyone who studies material science that could give me any clarification about the field and what it has to offer?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2015 #2
    Electrical engineering. Solar cells fall under the realm of semiconductor physics/devices, and robotics (and automation) is second nature to electrical engineers (probably more so for those in automation/control/embedded processes).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook