Reparmetrization of a curve, got it, but I don't nkow what this answer means

In summary, reparameterization of a curve is a mathematical technique that changes the way a curve is described. It differs from regular parameterization by allowing for a more flexible assignment of values. Reparameterization does not change the shape of the curve, but it may have limitations depending on the curve and technique used. It is commonly used in fields such as computer graphics, physics, and statistics to simplify calculations and improve accuracy in scientific research.
mr_coffee
Hello everyone, i was suppose to reparametrize the equation, which I did, and then conclude what i can say about the curve, this is the part where I'm not sure about. ANy suggestions? Thanks.
Here is my work and problem:
http://show.imagehosting.us/show/764292/0/nouser_764/T0_-1_764292.jpg
or if that link is slow try here:
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/4946/rep9ik.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
None of your links work.

1. What is the purpose of reparameterization of a curve?

Reparameterization of a curve is a mathematical technique used to change the parameterization (or way of describing) a curve. This can be useful in simplifying calculations or creating a more intuitive representation of the curve.

2. How is reparameterization of a curve different from regular parameterization?

Regular parameterization assigns a specific value to each point on a curve, whereas reparameterization allows for a more flexible assignment of values. This can lead to a more efficient or accurate representation of the curve.

3. Can reparameterization of a curve change the shape of the curve?

No, reparameterization does not change the shape of the curve. It only changes the way in which the curve is described or parameterized.

4. Are there any limitations to reparameterization of a curve?

Yes, there may be limitations depending on the type of curve and the specific reparameterization technique used. It is important to carefully consider the implications of reparameterization before applying it to a curve.

5. How is reparameterization of a curve used in scientific research?

Reparameterization of a curve is commonly used in fields such as computer graphics, physics, and statistics. It can help simplify complex calculations or provide a more accurate representation of data in scientific studies.