Replacing a new compressor

1. Hello to everyone that reads this,

I have to replace an old compressor with a new one. The trick is that i need to calculate the everything about the new one before i put it in. So i can convince everyone that it's a smart choice. The vapor compression cycle will remain the same, will still utilize the evaporator, condenser and old valve. I have temperature/pressure readings at all of those spots. From that I've determined the cop throughout the cycle at various temperatures/pressures. Now i need to make sure that compression ratio of my new compressor will work in the that unit! How do i go about that? I've also calculated the efficiency of the compressor at all of those temperatures. I don't want to over shoot it and compress it to much before the condenser and then it'll be in the sub cooled region, which would make it useless, i think. So point being, anyone know where i should start and what i can set in stone with this new compressor

Thanks guys

2. jcsd
  3. russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to PF!

This is an odd request. Typically a compressor replacement is pulled straight out of a catalog or selected by a sales engineer - there isn't anything for the purchaser to calculate.

Do you have the make and model of the existing condenser and its compressor?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted