Replying with a quote with a quote

Dissident Dan
I noticed that when I use the "reply with quote" feature, and the post that I want to quote already quotes in it, those 2nd-level quotes just disappear when I go to type my reply. It would be great if nested quotes would appear. Thanks.

Answers and Replies

Mistress Lilith
What? We can't have those long long quoted posts like we used to in PF 2?

You Can , Just Forget About The Quote Button At The Top , And Wrote The Quote Tags By Yourself .
Use [] Instead Of <>

<quote>
What? We can't have those long long quoted posts like we used to in PF 2?</quote>

<quote>I noticed that when I use the "reply with quote" feature, and the post that I want to quote already quotes in it, those 2nd-level quotes just disappear when I go to type my reply. It would be great if nested quotes would appear. Thanks.</quote>

quantumdude
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Actually, to make them nested, you need another <quote> tag at the top, and get rid of the tag at the top of the second quote, as follows:

<quote>
<quote>
What? We can't have those long long quoted posts like we used to in PF 2?</quote>

I noticed that when I use the "reply with quote" feature, and the post that I want to quote already quotes in it, those 2nd-level quotes just disappear when I go to type my reply. It would be great if nested quotes would appear. Thanks.</quote>

Mistress Lilith
So no more being lazy for me.. bugger!

hey it will burn calories! well that's what the people on channel 10 say anyways...

Suggested for: Replying with a quote with a quote

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies