Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Replying with a quote with a quote

1. Mar 19, 2003 #1
    I noticed that when I use the "reply with quote" feature, and the post that I want to quote already quotes in it, those 2nd-level quotes just disappear when I go to type my reply. It would be great if nested quotes would appear. Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2003 #2
    What? We can't have those long long quoted posts like we used to in PF 2?

4. Mar 20, 2003 #3
    You Can , Just Forget About The Quote Button At The Top , And Wrote The Quote Tags By Yourself .
    Use [] Instead Of <>

<quote>
    What? We can't have those long long quoted posts like we used to in PF 2?</quote>

<quote>I noticed that when I use the "reply with quote" feature, and the post that I want to quote already quotes in it, those 2nd-level quotes just disappear when I go to type my reply. It would be great if nested quotes would appear. Thanks.</quote>

5. Mar 20, 2003 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Actually, to make them nested, you need another <quote> tag at the top, and get rid of the tag at the top of the second quote, as follows:

<quote>
    <quote>
    What? We can't have those long long quoted posts like we used to in PF 2?</quote>

I noticed that when I use the "reply with quote" feature, and the post that I want to quote already quotes in it, those 2nd-level quotes just disappear when I go to type my reply. It would be great if nested quotes would appear. Thanks.</quote>

6. Mar 20, 2003 #5
    So no more being lazy for me.. bugger!

7. Mar 20, 2003 #6
    hey it will burn calories! well that's what the people on channel 10 say anyways....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?