Report spring across the country and europe

In summary, Spring has sprung in Southern Arizona. We had a wet winter and now the reward is flowers everywhere. Also, my parents in Oregon report that there are flowers blooming there also.
wildman
Spring has sprung in Southern Arizona. We had a wet winter and now the reward is flowers everywhere... Also my parents in Oregon report that there are flowers blooming there also.

So could you all report spring as it comes to your communities? I am interested in knowing when and how it comes around the US and Europe. Pictures will be nice too (sorry, I lost my digital camera or I would show you our golden poppy fields growing near here).

I think this will evolve over the next month or so until even the coldest areas will be in full bloom by mid May.

Physics news on Phys.org
The ones in my bed stick out a lot. I think I'll have to buy a new mattress soon.

EDIT: I'm in the US, by the way. Washington state.

Solid ice here, spring will be early June, perhaps, very late for this area. We also had a devastating late spring freeze last year which destroyed the fruit crops and killed many trees. So, we're on our second year of bad freezing weather.

I have several feet of saturated snow on my front lawn, and I cannot expect to see that lawn until sometime in April at the earliest, unless spring jumps us hot and wet. In that case, we will have to deal with missing dams, bridges, roads, etc. and that's a whole other situation.

Wildman, southern Arizona, you know nothing of winter! Here (San Juan county, NM in the NW) it is starting to get slightly warmer, and a lot windier, the trademark of a New Mexico spring.

Yep, here in the central Willamette Valley spring is well under way, Crocus and Daffodills are blooming all over the place. Looks like my Stellar Magnolia and flowering Pear trees are about to blossem. The Magnolia ususally blossoms to early for this area as we are still susceptable to a frost. Most years we end up with frost burned blossoms. Maybe this year will be different... :rofl: Of course given the choise, this year has tended to the cold side. I am betting on frost burn.

Some slight swelling of the Maple buds, so I fugure about 4 good weeks of cold weather yet.

I wore shorts all day on Saturday so I guess spring is here.

In the UK every thing is arse over tit, some day soon the poor old hedge hog will not know when to hibernate.

I heard a red-wing blackbird this afternoon :approve: !

lisab said:
I heard a red-wing blackbird this afternoon :approve: !
The pileated woodpeckers are calling (loony laughs) and jockeying for breeding territory. The lot across the road from my house is loaded with mature evergreens, including lots of dead ones, so it's perfect for them. They are very large birds and they and their broods require a lot of food, so they need to control sizable territories.

Today, it stayed below freezing all day with gale-force winds. Luckily, we didn't get snow. This weekend is expected to be raw and cold for March. Hopefully, we don't get an extended warm, wet spell any time soon, or we'll be featured in the national news and we'll be begging for money to replace dams, bridges, roads, etc. The saturated snow-pack across the state is unprecedented.

1. What is the definition of "Report spring across the country and europe"?

"Report spring across the country and europe" refers to the compilation and analysis of data and observations on the arrival of spring season in various locations across the United States and Europe.

2. Why is it important to report spring across the country and europe?

Reporting on the arrival of spring is important for tracking changes in the timing and duration of the season, which can have significant impacts on agriculture, biodiversity, and human activities. It also helps to monitor the effects of climate change on spring patterns.

3. How is the data for reporting spring collected?

Data for reporting spring is collected through various methods such as satellite imagery, ground observations, and citizen science projects. This data is then compiled and analyzed to determine the onset and duration of spring in different locations.

4. What are some of the key findings from previous reports on spring across the country and europe?

Some key findings from previous reports include the overall trend of earlier springs due to climate change, regional variations in the timing and duration of spring, and the impact of spring patterns on plant and animal species.

5. How can the public access and use the information from these reports?

The reports on spring across the country and europe are often published online by government agencies and research institutions. The information can be used by the public for educational purposes, planning outdoor activities, and understanding the changes in their local environment.