Reporting a bad post?

1. This is just out of curiosity. I want to know how do you report a bad post. I'm aware of the "report bad post" tab, but I'm afraid to click it fearing it might send an automated report to the administrator. Also, are these reports kept confidential?

2. jcsd
  3. Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

When you click the "report bad post" button you will have the opportunity to state what the problem is about the post. A message then gets sent to the forum moderators, who will respond as needed. That message is viewable by all mentors and admin.

4. Thank you :smile:

5. Evo

The reports are kept confidential, the poster will not know you reported their post.

6. just curious, but where is this button? I do not think I have this button anywhere.

7. nevermind I noticed that it is this icon:

Attached Files:

8. What happens if one was to report an admin or moderator?

9. Evo

We would look at the reported post the same way as any other.

10. Evo

Also, a "bad post" is where the poster has broken one of the rules in the guidelines such as posting crackpot material, advertising or a personal attack. It is not to be used to report posts that you disagree with, that's what the reply button is for.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook