I did a google search to see if there was a program in php that could do the conversion but there are none. Doc is a closed format and unless your willing to put in time to reverse engineer the format then no. PDFs on the other hand can be generated on the fly as well as the Oasis (xml based) format used in Openoffice.
http://www.wlug.org.nz/RTF [Broken] says "You can also give an RTF file a ".DOC" extension and then MicrosoftWindows users will be able to transparently open it in MicrosoftWord, blissfully unaware what format the file is actually in."
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving