1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Reports startegy!

1. Oct 11, 2005 #1
    Hey! i have a physics lab report to be presented tomorrow
    i have all the infos i need but i don't have any strategy to follow in my report
    so can u please help me ?!

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 11, 2005 #2
    By strategy do you mean a layout??

This is what I do:

1. Cover page with your Department and subject name at the top, followed by the name of the experiment, your name, your contact details, your lab partner, the date of the experiment, and the date of submission. I also include the abstract on that same page.
    2. An introduction page with the aim, equipment list (in a table), experimental procedure (with pictures of the setup) and possible error source as a sub-heading of experimental procedure. If there are various sections then I also put them as sub-headings to make it clearer.
    3. Data section with all your relevant tables and graphs.
    4. Calculations of important values and also the uncertainty calculations.
    5. Results section, which is just a table summarising the important results of the lab and their comparison with the theoretical values.
    6. Discussion that covers important results, comparison with theoretical values, uncertainty analysis and uncertainty budget and the applications of that topic the experiment was based on.

I don't have a conclusion because the abstract is pretty much like a conclusion since it sums up what you did in the experiment and your important results.
    Anyway that's just what I do for my lab reports.

4. Oct 11, 2005 #3

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Bribe the TA ? :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?