Request Artwork: Serpent Earth & 5-Headed Cobra

• Thread starter Ghost803
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Request
In summary: Ah... I knew that it was Indian, but didn't remember ever seeing it before. Still looks like a pretty girl in the facial realm, though....
Ghost803
I don't know if requesting things on here is taboo or crass, like I am treating it like craigslist or something. But this isn't a request for a trivial thing to me, so I don't think its crass. Anyway I was wondering if anyone on here is good at drawing and art on Photoshop, GIMP, etc and could draw for me a picture of the earth. But the Earth as a coiled ball of a serpent and over the Earth looking down on it, a gigantic head of a five headed serpent. The serpent and Earth would be made up of black scales as that of a black cobra and the head itsell would all be adjacent and joined to each other, so it would be like the hood of a Cobra.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's a bit hard to visualize. Ironically, you would need a picture of what you want in order to express it. :rolleyes:
Even if I had my Illustrator in this machine, it would take me forever to come up with something. Unfortunately, it won't run on an Intel Mac. I still haven't figured out how the hell to do much of anything in Inkscape, but I'll start practicing.
There are lots better artists than me around here, though, so you probably won't have too much trouble finding help.
Good luck with it.

Ghost803 said:
I don't know if requesting things on here is taboo or crass, like I am treating it like craigslist or something. But this isn't a request for a trivial thing to me, so I don't think its crass. Anyway I was wondering if anyone on here is good at drawing and art on Photoshop, GIMP, etc and could draw for me a picture of the earth. But the Earth as a coiled ball of a serpent and over the Earth looking down on it, a gigantic head of a five headed serpent. The serpent and Earth would be made up of black scales as that of a black cobra and the head itsell would all be adjacent and joined to each other, so it would be like the hood of a Cobra.
Wow that would be spectacularly hard to do.

Let me see if I'm understanding:

There is only one snake (not two); its body forms the Earth, its head towers over it. Its head splits into 5 at the the hood.

What "level" of artwork (realism) are you thinking of? Line art? Graphic art? Painting? Are you looking for tattoo-grade art or wall-hanging-grade? Why don't you point us to something online?

I would try if I still had a scanner. I might be able to pull it off with a mouse though. :-/

Is this supposed to be some sort of Tiamat type thing?

DaveC426913 said:
Wow that would be spectacularly hard to do.

Let me see if I'm understanding:

There is only one snake (not two); its body forms the Earth, its head towers over it. Its head splits into 5 at the the hood.

What "level" of artwork (realism) are you thinking of? Line art? Graphic art? Painting? Are you looking for tattoo-grade art or wall-hanging-grade? Why don't you point us to something online?

I am thinking tatoo-grade. Something that can get the outline pretty well done. The coloring doesn't matter, but it would be nice is the shading was decent. And when I said its body would make up the earth, I ddint mean you had to draw the oceans or land on it. Just a large coiled ball of a Gigantic snake in space. I can draw in the rest

http://www.kingsnake.com/sandboa/cal_ball.jpg

There is an example of the ball part, except I would like it to be more perfectly shaped like the Earth and the coils to be more numerous, as if the snake was thinner. I am going to start trying to draw this on GIMP, even though I suck at drawing. But I guess there is a first time for everything.

I can get all of it but the three headed bit. I can draw this by hand but the head confuses me. Do you want three hoods or just one?

http://web.missouri.edu/~umcellislibraryoms/Graphics/pics/Vishnu2seatedonShesha.jpg

There is an example of the hood right above that guy's head.

Last edited by a moderator:
fileen said:
Do you want three hoods or just one?

The first post indicated 5.
That last link is confusing. The face says 'girl', the chest says 'guy', and the arms say 'some kind of icky bug'.

Danger said:
The first post indicated 5.
That last link is confusing. The face says 'girl', the chest says 'guy', and the arms say 'some kind of icky bug'.

It is a preadolescent man child /god/avatar. The Indian version of Jesus in his teenage years.

Ghost803 said:
It is a preadolescent man child /god/avatar. The Indian version of Jesus in his teenage years.

Ah... I knew that it was Indian, but didn't remember ever seeing it before. Still looks like a pretty girl in the facial realm, though. (Not a criticism; just an observation. It's like when all of the Jesus pictures show him as blond and blue-eyed, while everyone knows that he was Ethiopian... :rolleyes:)

Ghost803 said:

you made me laugh a little

Danger said:
Still looks like a pretty girl in the facial realm, though. (Not a criticism; just an observation. It's like when all of the Jesus pictures show him as blond and blue-eyed, while everyone knows that he was Ethiopian... :rolleyes:)

I wonder if its cause he's like the motherly god. Of all the three most important Gods, he's the "Protector and Preserver".

I thought that was Thor

1. What is the concept behind "Serpent Earth & 5-Headed Cobra"?

The concept behind "Serpent Earth & 5-Headed Cobra" is a representation of the Earth as a powerful and ever-changing force, embodied by the serpentine form. The five heads of the cobra symbolize the different elements and forces that shape our planet, including water, fire, air, earth, and spirit.

2. What inspired you to create this artwork?

This artwork was inspired by my fascination with mythology and the natural world. I wanted to create a visual representation of the Earth as a powerful and dynamic entity, and the image of a multi-headed serpent seemed like the perfect symbol for this concept.

3. What techniques did you use to create this piece?

I used a combination of traditional and digital techniques to create this artwork. The base image was hand-drawn using ink and then scanned into a computer, where I added color and additional details using digital software.

4. What message do you hope to convey through this artwork?

I hope to convey a sense of awe and reverence for the natural world through this artwork. The multiple heads of the cobra represent the interconnectedness and complexity of the Earth and the importance of respecting and preserving it.

5. How long did it take you to create this artwork?

The entire process of creating this artwork, from conceptualization to completion, took approximately two weeks. However, the actual time spent on the drawing and digital editing varied depending on the complexity of each element.