1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Research and Lecture

1. Oct 22, 2011 #1
    Hi, I want to Research and Lecture Theoretical astrophysics at a university when I'm older. I'm planning on doing a BSc (honours), Masters, PhD, and a ScD

Do you need a Post Doc to research and do lecture? Apparently Post Doc are one of the hardest degrees ..

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2011 #2

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

A postdoc isn't a degree, it's a job title. Usually, after one obtains a PhD, one spends around 5 years working as a postdoc before becoming a lecturer.

If I were you, I would take things one step at a time, and focus on your undergraduate degree.

4. Oct 22, 2011 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Indeed, you should focus on doing well in high school.

5. Oct 22, 2011 #4
    Oh I didn't know it was only a job title, thanks!

I need to ask you a question, I'm currently studying Khan Academy, Tutor Homework, ANU, and School work. Should I just drop Khan Academy and just revise on school work?

6. Oct 22, 2011 #5

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

You shouldn't let extra work get in the way of assignments. Are you getting excellent grades in your courses? Then you're fine. If not, work on them until you are - and then you can think about additional work.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook