1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Research in physics

1. May 2, 2014 #1
    I am a physics graduate and I have just spent two years researching about problems like dark energy and dark matter and didn't get anywhere, did not even manage to write a single research paper. I like writing and publishing research papers as many as I can because they give me the feeling of a accomplishment and they could help me get a job or scholarship or research grant... or something. Recently, I realized that the reason I didn't get anywhere because these are very complex problems and even scientist working in the field don't fully understand them. What I am interested in is physics and computer programming, so is there an area of physics that requires the use of computer programming. I mean writing a computer model and publishing that in a journal.

2. jcsd
  3. May 2, 2014 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

This is very puzzling.

What are you doing for a living? Are you doing these "research" on your own? What is your highest degree in physics? ("a physics graduate" doesn't actually tell much).

Zz.

4. May 2, 2014 #3
    I am doing research on my own and I have masters degree in physics.

5. May 2, 2014 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm not sure what a masters degree entails in your part of the world, but 2-1/2 years ago you were asking questions that would be typical for a 1st year college student, or earlier. Typically one only writes research papers, particularly on his or her own, after many more years of study.

6. May 2, 2014 #5
    I am just using my friend's account to ask a question and I have a MSc degree in physics its a four year course, three for undergraduate course and one for Masters course.

7. May 2, 2014 #6

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Please use your own account. PF Rules do not permit sharing accounts.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook