1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Research Opportunities

1. Mar 3, 2016 #1
    So I didn't get accepted into any physics grad programs for a 2nd year in a row. Does anyone know of any post baccalaureate programs for research to help improve my resume?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2016 #2
    I recommend a regular job. If you are adamant on keeping your grad school options open, chose a job affiliated to research in the area you want to go to grad school for.

4. Mar 4, 2016 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You could try a masters in physics somewhere. But really, if you didn't get accepted twice in a row, then perhaps it's time to shelf grad school ambitions. Sorry.

5. Mar 8, 2016 #4
    I will probably attempt to try masters program. I am very dedicated to physics. My resume isn't bad or anything, I'm just wanting to get into a good grad school for theoretical cosmology. Unfortunately, it has been quite competive. But I would honestly kill myself before considering quiting.

6. Mar 8, 2016 #5

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

That is a very unhealthy attitude. Life isn't all physics, you know. Get outside and enjoy life. Don't be so focused on this one thing.

7. Mar 9, 2016 #6
    I would agree that this is a very dangerous mindset to have. Speaking from experience, you are on a fast track to depression -- never let your work define who you are. Honestly, I'd be worried about your emotional stability through a graduate degree.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted