Research Opportunities

• Thread starter Diracobama
  • Start date
So I didn't get accepted into any physics grad programs for a 2nd year in a row. Does anyone know of any post baccalaureate programs for research to help improve my resume?

Answers and Replies

I recommend a regular job. If you are adamant on keeping your grad school options open, chose a job affiliated to research in the area you want to go to grad school for.

So I didn't get accepted into any physics grad programs for a 2nd year in a row. Does anyone know of any post baccalaureate programs for research to help improve my resume?

You could try a masters in physics somewhere. But really, if you didn't get accepted twice in a row, then perhaps it's time to shelf grad school ambitions. Sorry.

I will probably attempt to try masters program. I am very dedicated to physics. My resume isn't bad or anything, I'm just wanting to get into a good grad school for theoretical cosmology. Unfortunately, it has been quite competive. But I would honestly kill myself before considering quiting.

But I would honestly kill myself before considering quiting.

That is a very unhealthy attitude. Life isn't all physics, you know. Get outside and enjoy life. Don't be so focused on this one thing.

But I would honestly kill myself before considering quiting.

I would agree that this is a very dangerous mindset to have. Speaking from experience, you are on a fast track to depression -- never let your work define who you are. Honestly, I'd be worried about your emotional stability through a graduate degree.