1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses Research Proposal/Reason for choosing the course

1. Oct 31, 2005 #1
    Hi I'm applying to Cambridge,Oxford,UCL and Imperial for PhDs in Quantum Computing mostly experimental research into Ion Traps. These forms ask for Research proposals or reasons for choosing the course. Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can answer this? My main reason for choosing it is that I find it interesting, I believe it will be inevitable that we'll need quantum computers once people have strained silicon as much as they can and I believe ion traps are the best way of going about it. But I'm not sure what they're looking for.

any help would be greatly appreciated

:redface:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 2, 2005 #2
    I think that saying what you just said would be fine. Show that you have enthusiasm...etc...

4. Nov 3, 2005 #3
    ok thanks! I'm trying to go strainght from undergrad studies to postgrad, I would have thought asking an undergrad such a specific question was asking a bit too much but I'll just try and put something down on paper.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?